Model 12 vs DP-24SD portastudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRod1707

Gear owned
DP-24SD & Tascam TM-80
Hello, new member here. I posted a similar post on the DP-24 thread. I'm looking at the Model 12 and being that it's similar to the model 16 & 24, someone might be able to chime in. I'm a novice, I want to record my drums and for now I want to record basic tracks with basic mastering without a DAW. I'd prefer the model 12 over a DP-24 because eventually I'd like to use a DAW and use the new technology that the model 12 has onboard. Can I accomplish this on the model 12?
Also, it would be great to know on the mastering side, what things I would lose on the model 12 vs. The DC-24?
Thanks,
LRod

Well, plenty of views but no responses. Either way, I'll post what I decided on. I purchased a Model 12. I shall learn to use a DAW once and for all! Strange that here on "Tascam Forums" their is no specific thread for the Model 12 or even the Model 16. Hopefully soon it will be created.

Well, plenty of views but no responses.
That's the problem with posting the same thing in multiple forums! ;)
Welcome to the forum(s) by the way.
This Model 24 section was created fairly recently as the Model series is a completely different type of machine than the DP series, which are all-in-one portable studios, as the name suggests. Since then, Tascam have released the Model 16, which is I believe is just a cut down Model 24, and then the Model 12 which has extra functions - I don't know if they will (or can) be back-ported to the other models.
Having separate forums for all these really depends how similar they are to each other; would get very fragmented if we have a separate one for every machine which comes out. My 2c would be to just rename this forum to cover anything in the Model XX series.
Anyway, hope you're happy with the Model 12 and don't tear your hair out too much getting to grips with the wonders of DAWs and computers :) Either way, please contribute to the forums if you can - there are always things to discover :)

Well, plenty of views but no responses

Ordinarily, I just delete multiple posts across different forums. I understand why you did this, so I left it. Let's try to keep the crossposting to a minimum, because it just makes it more difficult for people to find information that they need later down the line.

My 2c would be to just rename this forum to cover anything in the Model XX series.

I messaged @DJ X about this sometime ago, but it just hasn't happened yet. Perhaps I should remind him.

Reactions: Phil Tipping
Ordinarily, I just delete multiple posts across different forums. I understand why you did this, so I left it. Let's try to keep the crossposting to a minimum, because it just makes it more difficult for people to find information that they need later down the line.
Sorry! Won't happen again. Since I bought the model 12, I'll just be posting in this section from now on.
Thanks
LRod

Reactions: -mjk-
I'll try to get the forum name changed to add the other units.

Forum name updated. Thanks for the reminder, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.