Model 12 - Windows 10 PC, default audio

Tony Friel

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi everyone, is it possible to force the Windows stereo sound output to use the Model12 channels 9 & 10 instead of the default channels 1 & 2? I'm not using a DAW, just want my PC playback (e.g. YouTube) to use channels 9 and 10.

Click the speaker in the taskbar and see what it's sending audio to. If the Model 12 is there, you should be able to chose that as the destination.

I have not found a way to do this yet and hope there is a solution, or possibly an update as I would like to dedicate channel's 1 and 2 to other sources and have 9 and 10 for pc audio in?
Thanks

Reactions: Tony Friel
Did you install the ASIO-driver that came with the Model 12 (assuming there is one)?

Click the speaker in the taskbar and see what it's sending audio to. If the Model 12 is there, you should be able to chose that as the destination.

Thanks mjk. The Model 12 is set as the destination - but no channels are specified. Windows will allow me to specify which channels to use for my Allen&Heath Zedi USB mixer/interface.
upload_2021-7-5_12-35-56.png

Did you install the ASIO-driver that came with the Model 12 (assuming there is one)?

Hi Arjan, I have this TASCAM app running
upload_2021-7-5_12-41-20.png
here's the device manager
upload_2021-7-5_12-44-10.png

....looking at the driver details I don't see 'ASIO' but I do notice it mentions 'model24.sys'.
upload_2021-7-5_12-46-3.png
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-5_12-43-13.png
    upload_2021-7-5_12-43-13.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks mjk. The Model 12 is set as the destination - but no channels are specified. Windows will allow me to specify which channels to use for my Allen&Heath Zedi USB mixer/interface.

I know that ultimately you want to control where the audio goes to on the Model 12. Is the audio coming up on the console at all?

Hi MJK, yes the windows audio is being sent to the Model 12, it arrives on channels 1 and 2.
I prefer to use channels 1 & 2 as instrument channels (input and MTR playback) so would like windows to send its audio to channels 9 and 10.

As mentioned earlier, windows can send audio to specified channels on my Allen&Heath Zedi 10.

Reactions: -mjk-
As mentioned earlier, windows can send audio to specified channels on my Allen&Heath Zedi 10.

And clearly you're not able to do that in this case. The question is why, but it might be more about what. What is different about the A&H? You said you were running the Tascam app. I would try running it as a standalone console without the app, just to eliminate that from the chain.

I would say that from your previous postings you've done everything practical thus far.

This is my work around, i do hope tascam will add a feature as a "third mode" which allows each fader channel as a separate audio interface for windows/mac just like the A&H (i also have a Zedi10fx mixer)

Reactions: Tony Friel
I much appreciate this interesting YouTube from Mr Showboat.
I may well look further into it and will post my experience if I do.

Reactions: mrshowboat
I am now using Bluetooth to send Windows audio from my PC, assigned to channels 9 and 10. Seems to working OK with occasional pops and stutters.

*****UPDATE****
Bluetooth playback is not great, out of sync with video when watching YouTube, I've gone back to using USB on channels 1 & 2 again :(

Last edited:
I did try that, but think I didn't follow the YouTube 100% correct; I will probably give it another go.

.... I remembered that I have an old USB PC audio interface (Alesis io2) - I bought a couple of balanced jack patch leads and now I'm using the Alesis io2 to supply balanced audio to the Model12 inputs 9/10, works great!

New threads

Members online