Model 16: USB not working with Mac OS High Sierra?

johnlp

Gear owned
Model 16
Just got my Model 16. Unfortunately, the USB connection to my Mac Pro running High Sierra (10.13.6) does not work, although it does when I connect to my laptop running Mojave (10.14.6).

Specifically, when I run "ModelMixer" (not "TASCAM ModelMixer" as the manual wrongly has it) on the Mac and power on the mixer, the USB connection light never turns on. I've verified the cable and USB port are working correctly, and tried disconnecting my USB hub in case that was interfering - same result. Doing the same with a Mojave machine works instantly. I am running the latest 1.10 firmware on the Model 16. Tech support had no resolution, as they apparently did not have a High Sierra machine to test against.

Is anyone else here using the Model 16 with a High Sierra machine, and if so, with what result?

Update: after getting a new graphics card, I upgraded to Mojave. At first the Model 16 still didn't connect via USB. I then happened to try a USB cable plugged into a powered hub and... it worked! Not what I would've expected, since I was previously plugged directly into the computer, and the manual recommends against using a hub. I had previously tried different USB cables and different (direct) ports on the computer. Since there are several variables here, I can't say for sure what culprit was. Anyway, it sure works great now :) .

New threads

Members online

No members online now.