Model 24/16/12 Wish List / Feature Requests (Although Tascam Won't See Them)

Thomann has the Model 24 in stock.

Yeah, probably from older (pre-corona) inventory.. For the others they say 'Available in 1-2 weeks' - you better NOT believe that.

Which is why I ordered new stuff for my studio, sooner, rather than later.

@kronkite Yes!! #1 is my absolute top wish for my M12 and really the only thing that I’m less than 100% happy about. I really want to be able to use 1 and 2 as my default vocal and guitar mic channels. They are also the only ones with insert functionality. But I do a lot of performing via Zoom, so I have to leave 1+2 on PC to hear the return Audio from Zoom. I’d be perfectly happy is Tascam provided an option to use 9/10 or 7/8 as the default PC audio channels.

FYI, I think #3 (or something close) is actually included in the new firmware v1.30! https://tascam.com/us/product/model_12/download
  • An OUTPUT PAD function has been added for MAIN and SUB outputs, providing support for monitors with low permissible input levels.

Model 12 owner here. My wishlist:

1) Ability to assign stereo DAW output straight to the MAIN bus (as you can with Bluetooth sources). That would keep channels 1- 10 available for other input sources.

2) Ability to use basic transport controls with (play, stop, rec, etc.) with DAW even when not in DAW mode (as DAW mode turns off certain mixer functionality).

3) Ability to trim MAIN and SUB outputs digitally to account for different monitor speaker input sensitivity.

Reactions: Rocky
Model 12 (16 / 24) service manual released and openly available and downloadable :cry:

Or at least for owners who provide serial number and a proof of purchase even. I dont know but Tascam apparently have one but keep it somehow secretive and only to their authorised services so my Model 12 remains out of order for 6+ months. :confused:

If this is customer care of the Tascam/TEAC company, I am never spending a cent for their products (HAHA as if I would do that after this experience :twisted:).

It wouldn't to you much good anyway because they wont' sell you the parts. The money in any endeavor is always in the maintenance.

Model 12 (16 / 24) service manual released and openly available and downloadable :cry:

Or at least for owners who provide serial number and a proof of purchase even. I dont know but Tascam apparently have one but keep it somehow secretive and only to their authorised services so my Model 12 remains out of order for 6+ months. :confused:

If this is customer care of the Tascam/TEAC company, I am never spending a cent for their products (HAHA as if I would do that after this experience :twisted:).

I believe there is a manual posted somewhere on this Forum; if not, there is a tips & tricks section and introduction section that covers just about everything, probably more than the manual has in it...

Reactions: Rocky
Would love to see a 32 channel version with new features, and then a new '24+' version that incorporates the new 32 features.

the 32 version would have 4 more mono channels for 16 total mono channels, and 2 more stereo channels for a total of 6 stereo (not including the 7th bluetooth)

-Inserts on every mono channel - currently working with a band that has 5 vocalists.

-Silent insert jacks on the inserts, so inserts can be pulled as a method of bypassing (troubleshooting feature)

-Another sub output and fader (both 24+ and 32). I like to have vocals on one sub, and instrumentation on another sub when mixing live.

-Stereo Inserts on the back for the main/sub outs/etc, AND stereo mix channels.

-Pre/Post recording switches for compressor and EQ section (screw driver switches to retain footprint would be fine, not something I would plan on switching all the time)

-Make aux 3 a dual pot - bottom pot = external fx output | top pot = internal.
--if external not used, it can go to second internal fx channel
---FX Channel stereo outputs on the back, so that monitor channels are only for live stage wedges, and FX are instead brought back onto stereo line mixing channels.

-FX Presets - If I have a set list of songs with different FX needs, I want to be able to easily move down a preset list with the names of the songs list.

-Lamp light socket.

This would make it undeniably one of the best live mixers on the market, and to be able to record while mixing live all in the console onto and SD card is huge.

Just give us the full shabang, I'd gladly pay 2x the current Model 24 cost for the above features.

Reactions: Paulted and Rocky
I forgot, mono switches or width knobs for the stereo channels... since they have no compressor, they could fit there.

use case is, I've run out of mic channels and am using external preamps with their outputs going into the Model 24 stereo line ins... I don't need though for example, the rack tom hard right, and the floor tom far left. I'd either put them full mono, or if a width knob, somewhere inbetween.

It would be great to update the model 16 firware and be able to set the phase of each channel just like on the model 12.

Just got the Model 12 and did some recording with it.
I wish that play, stop function can be activated even when one is in the menu settings. That way you don't have to always return to main page to start playing.
If possible some minor editing function, cut, copy, past, delete. Yes I know that this is not meant to be a 'portastudio' but with it, it might increase the value of this mixer/recorder.
I also wish that there is a software version for mac to change the buffer settings, rather than just windows.

The most basic of functions. Start rec foot switch one (we have this) Foot switch two. Start over (we do not have this) Ugg

Click-sound count in. Option now with count in is "count in + rec".
Or a function that you can enable/disable click via footpedal.

DAW controller support for bitwig, then this is my absolute dream device!

I forgot, mono switches or width knobs for the stereo channels... since they have no compressor, they could fit there.

use case is, I've run out of mic channels and am using external preamps with their outputs going into the Model 24 stereo line ins... I don't need though for example, the rack tom hard right, and the floor tom far left. I'd either put them full mono, or if a width knob, somewhere inbetween.

I think what you are saying is, 16 mic inputs is not enough, so you are trying to get 4 more mics by externally preamping them and using the Line inputs on the stereo channels.

The only way to get panning in a case as you described is to use an external mixer that can pan the inputs how you want them and then send that mixer's output to the M24 stereo channel. Otherwise, it's 1 input/channel, mono or as you mentioned, hard L/R.

The way your statement is worded, it sounds like you don't care if you have 2 toms mixed together in mono with no separation between them. Instead, I would use a separate mixer for the drums and use as many mics as necessary, panned however I wanted in the stereo field, and then take the output of that mixer to a stereo input on the M24.

Here's one. Make this so you can actually use all 12 tracks to record. Have an option to reroute the talk/music one to 11/12. If I'm multitracking, I have no use for the stereo track.

Reactions: David Pajo
Ah. Sounds like you want the Model 14!

(Although I'm sure what you suggest is possible, and I'd prefer it too)

Reactions: Lordradish
Well, I've only had this thing for a few weeks, and I absolutely love the concept, esp the DAW controller. I just wish the 16 or the 24 was digital, because I have too many synths and it will be limited in terms of live multitrack recording.

M12: Compressor / Expander

Since the M12 is fully digital, it would be amazing to have the option to switch the compressor to an expander on menu-based / per-track basis. For reducing spill, like hats onto snare drum track etc

New threads

Members online

No members online now.