MX-2424 OS card needed

belstudios

From
Mojave Desert
Gear owned
MX-2424SE, DA-30
Hello, I am desperate to get a copy of an os for the mx-2424. I have a smart media card I can mail to whoever can help me out. I have purchased 2 mx-2424se's and both showed up without operating systems loaded and 1 of them with a blown cap or resistor(can't tell with surface mount) on the Pci test right next to the scsi power 1 plug on the mainboard. Anyway, I am trying to finish an album started over 20 years ago and all of my analog transfers are on dvd-ram's. I think I can build 1 good working machine out of what i have and either build the second one up as time permits or use it as a parts machine. But, right now my dilemma is just getting them to boot up. Screens light up, but no characters-I have tried replugging all internal connectors and tried getting viewnet to recognize it as well. I think I am at the limit of my abilities and any help would be appreciated!

Btw, I know this is my first post(been lurking along time). I'm sure it won't be my last. So, Hello to all here on the forum and thanks in advance for any help or direction y'all can point me in.

Nathan.

I have the OS. Let me know your email addy & I can send it to you. If you still have a problem after installing the OS I have done some DVD transfers for other people here in the past, & could put the files on a USB stick for you if necessary.

Thank you Rob! My problem is getting the os on the smart card from the pc. I have not found a way, I have tried unsuccessfully to link the pc that i have viewnet and mx-view installed on to communicate with the mx-2424 via ethernet. idk, i must be doing something wrong. it is possible both my units are d.o.a. And yes, if i can't these machines up and running I would take you up on the transfer offer. It might be my only option at this point, we'll see.

Thanks again, here's my email:

mailmags1@gmail.com

Cheers!

Nathan

Hi. I am a new owner of an MX2424 which I am hoping to use it with my TM-D8000. Can either of you fellows help me figure out if it will work? I used to use DA-38's but they are not working and rather than getting rid of my board I had a chance to get the MX2424. For one thing, I can't see the MX2424 in the list of supported devices on the 8000.

Craig

Hi Craig, Which interface(s) do you have on the TM-D8000 and the MX-2424?

Knowing that will help things along a bit. ADAT, AES or Tdif?

BTW, I solved my problem in the OP. I bought another machine and things are looking good!!!

Thanks Again Rob!

Hi Rob.

Thanks for getting back with on this. I have the TDIF Interface Card in it. I do have an ADAT Card but I always used the TM-D8000 with TDIF to record to my DA-38's. I managed to get playback from some recordings that were already in the MX2424 from the previous owner tonight, but I can't figure out how to set the machines up for controlling the 2424 with the 8000. Since it came into production after the 8000 it is not it is listed as one of the Supported Devices in the External Control Settings on the Board.

Glad to hear you were able to solve your OS problem. I don't have a smart card with this but the operating system seems to be working okay. I know so little about the MX2424 and it is hard to find anyone who can get me through the first steps of getting it set up.

It's crazy, I have a DP 32SD Porta Studio but I just want to keep working with my 8000 if there is any way to get it right with the 2424.

Craig

Hmm, This is probably beyond me(as I am not familiar with the TMd-8000)-but I was just looking at this thread and post#13 might help you: https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/rc-2424-cable-pinout.3346/

If you have an RS-232 or better yet a RS-422 out of the 8000 you might be able to use the TL-bus ...Idk worth a try?

Again, I am just taking a stab in the dark. But maybe the protocol's are compatible. Otherwise maybe MMC.

I'm glad you got audio, I just had that experience last night, recordings I haven't heard in 20 years(DVD-Ram's) we're up and running on my newest(old) mx-2424. I bought 3 machines since feb. this year and this one finally works! LOL, it's been a journey-so anything I can do to help-but Rob F. or Ittol(i think) are some of th eguys here. Maybe start a new thread and some of the members here will jump on?

Cheers and Good Luck!

Nathan.

Oops! Sorry Nathan. I thought you were Rob but I see now you were the one that helped Rob with his OS problem. Anyway, I am going to try the RS422 idea since I think I have that available. I will check with the other people on the forum that you recommended as well. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks again Nathan.

Craig

New threads

Members online

No members online now.