MxView on Windows 10... ''connection failed'' error!

English Billy1

Gear owned
mx-2424
Hi guys, I am posting this Q because a) I have an issue I can't see a previous resolution to here on the forum, and b) I can't believe I'm only mx2424 user with this problem..?!!
Basically I successfully installed mxView on a Windows 10 home laptop (thanks Timm..) and after verifying it opened, I connected my mx2424 via a crossover cable.. I had no comms between the two devices initially - BUT - after an hour fiddling with the Windows networking settings - in homegroup etc., I guess I enabled a private network - the visibility probably(?) and then my mx was viewable in the mxView network window. MxView automatically saw my machine and the columns show the machine i.p. address, selected project name, sample rate, etc, etc, even the off/online status changes with the mx front panel toggle switch.. When I loaded a project on the mx front panel to one with files in it, the corresponding display in mxView [network] window changed correctly.. All good - but when I double click on the far left icon to open the main edit window I keep getting a ''connection failed'' box - actually the window opens and it states ''connection pending'' then closes and I get the failed box..!!

I wonder if some kind member can help me get the thing working ? I feel I am close now but definately no cigars yet...

English Billy -

You posted this in the wrong place. There is a forum catagory specifically for the MX2424....this is for the DP24/DP32.....portable multitrack machines.

Furthermore, there are several post regarding your issue there that will be helpful for you!

Good luck!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.