NAKED with only a guitar

WILLIAM PITT

Gear owned
TASCAM DP-24SD
Hello once again,

I hope this is the way of getting my song heard, and I dearly look forward to knowing what you most-respected persons think about it and what you think I can do to improve it - to make it "radio listenable".

https://mx3.ch/williampitt

Thank you deeply,
William

Great song, lovely melody and concept.

I am strictly an amateur here so don’t take my suggestion all too seriously...

That said I feel like just a touch of reverb or delay - just enough to restore a sense of being “in a room”- would really add something.

I know you don’t want to add things- but the true natural sound has a stage, a context, such as a room or a town square or a forest.
I think recording techniques necessarily take that sense of room or place away, so restoring touch of it via a well chosen and used effect brings you back to how we really hear things....

just a thought.

Reactions: WILLIAM PITT
Hi William.

I sure do admire what you are doing now. Naked, indeed. Just you and a guitar. Coming from your background and discography, that says a lot about you as an artist. Your voice sounds great man. Whether or not it needs some reverb or perhaps a slightly different balance is a matter of preference.

I sure miss your 80s stuff.

Welcome back, brother.

You confuse me ;-) Are you mjk or Holden Caulfield? In any case, I'm very flattered by your kind words.

Reactions: -mjk-
This is for JSchmo_Bass
Thank you for generous words, and...
I agree completely with your very intelligent observations. I am, in fact, looking for the right effects to create the space of which you speak.
Thanks again,
William

And when I think about it, wasn't Holden Caulfield the central character in the most wonderful book A CATCHER IN THE RYE?

Others here have really great experience so hopefully they can comment.

I am myself just starting this whole journey of learning how to get set up with mic and rooms, and then how to get the most out of the Tascam’s effects and experimenting with a few plugins in the DAW’s. Reverb seems like just one of many rabbit holes one can descend down here...!

Last edited:
William, this is a really great natural recording,both of your guitar and your voice. I don't know what else it needs, apart from BASS, obviously hehe

A touch of reverb,or a second vocal track?

Thanks so much. Of course, it's missing a good BASS part hehe, and yes, I do agree, it does need a bit of reverb - but the RIGHT reverb, that's the dilemma.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.