Need mxview disc

wolf

Veteran
Gear owned
2 SX-1 LE+ DVRA1000 CD-01U
does anyone have a spare MXView disc or can someone burn a copy for me? I'm thinking of buying an MX to download my projects from my hard drive (the hd is from my SX)...

the download for Windows doesn't seem to work on my PC...is there a trick to downloading this?

MX View cannot be installed on windows after 98 the normal way as windows in its wisdom thinks that the software is too old.

When you have downloaded MX View copy the mx view folder directly to the program folder on the computer. then open the folder and create a shortcut to you desktop. If you go to the desk top and click the shortcut MX view should open.

Cheers
Alan.

when I open MXVIEW, there's a "picture" of the MX that says MXView v1.4...and a window that says "Network"...is that what I should see?

That sounds right as it's looking to connect to an MX which you don't have connected I believe.

If you close the window you should be able to see a blank tracking window, that won't do anything as it can't talk to the MX yet.

Remember that MX View is actually only a viewing software, all the recording and editing software is internal to the MX.

Alan.

the screen just shuts down when I hit Exit...I'm not sure what to do here...I'd feel better if I actually had the MXView disc...I would hate to buy an MX and find out that I can't use it with my PC...

You will not find a disc with the latest version of MX view, any disc will be the same as the downloaded file.

If you read through threads here you will see that people have it working with windows 7.

Alan.

OK, I fired up a computer without an MX connected,

The network screen opens and of course there is no MX so it does not show on the network window.

However if you go to "windows" in the tool bar you can open the edit window and the project / track window etc. However you will eventually get a connection failed message.

You will probably find that MX view was loaded but can't move on as it's looking for the MX-2424.

Alan.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.