New DP-24SD owner

Felonious Punk

Veteran
Gear owned
DP-24sd
Hi everyone. I just took delivery last week. I have managed to play with the guitar amp simulator and recorded some test tracks with the piezo on my acoustic. I even added some reverb! It is back in the box for now but I have been soaking up all I can here. The production tips and Phil's videos are gold.

I owned a Tascam 4 track tape machine in the late 80s. I blew up a couple of the channels trying to run a bass amp head into it. Lesson learned :) Anyway, I remember that I definitely paid more for the 4 track cassette recorder in 1988 than I paid for the 24sd.

Hopefully you won't be hearing from me much but it's nice to know you are here!

Oh...I am neither a felon or a punk. Just to be clear.

FP

Reactions: -mjk-
Welcome to the forum FP. The incident with the 4-track must have hurt - ouch! As you say, expensive mistake back then :) Good luck with your new machine, and chip in here whenever you want.

Why is it back in the box? It needs it's own space on the desk to thrive :D

I had to rearrange some things. Very happy to report it is in its place.

I also have Reaper with Addictive Drums and Addictive Keys. I am not quite sure what my workflow will look like at this point. It has been a few years since I have laid down a track.
I have several budgets ldc and sdc microphones. A few of the dynamic variety as well. I hope to do most in the box though. I have a Katana and I might even find a useable tone or two in the DP-24sd amp simulator.

I am thinking about my SansAmp classic for bass. Or maybe direct.

I am looking forward to reimagining a few tunes in my repertoire. I will look forward to picking your brains too.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

FP

New threads

Members online

No members online now.