New firmware -V1.6/1.7- for the DP24/32SD. Now removed

Thanks! Reverting to V1.06 was simple, but it's a pain exporting/importing tracks to a new or formatted SD card.

Because...

The track number is part of the exported track naming convention, then copied to a laptop and then copied back to the audio depot for importing to a new song. But when you execute the import function into the new song, the naming convention is changed to some internal gibberish of numbers and letters, and as far as I can tell, the tracks are in a random order. That makes it cumbersome to put the tracks back in the same channel/track where they came from. I use a song template so I can assign the same instruments to the the same channels/tracks. e.g. Track 1 is always my acoustic guitar, track 2 is my bass, tracks 3 & 4 my drum overheads.

Why are you exporting tracks? Put the SD in your card reader and just copy the whole thing.

Reactions: Mark Richards
...new SD card... ...exporting...importing...
What mj said.
... when you execute the import function into the new song, the naming convention is changed to some internal gibberish of numbers and letters...
Getting way off topic for a moment from this thread's purpose:
Not really gibberish - just old fashioned DOS eight character filename truncation. 15 characters won't fit on that small screen, so although the exported songname and track number are captured in Audio Depot, when displayed for import a song with a 5 character or more "songname" gets each exported track name truncated to 8 characters: "songna~1", "songna~2", etc. through "songn~32.

For future reference when there's a
need to use Audio Depot export & import, there are two posts on the topic in the Equipment Tips Sticky.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Wow, I'm just now seeing this thread. Whoaa!

Well, I do one helluva lot of recording, editing, virtual tracks, blah, blah, blah on my DP 24SD, but I've never updated the firmware.

As far as updates of firmware etc, patches, etc., if I'm happy with the way the product is performing, I skip FW updates. I'm in the category of if ain't broke (or if I can't tell its broke), leave it be.

I'm well aware of the negative consequences of this kind of thinking, but in general I'm well served by it.

In many instances FW updates just are not subjected to the same rigor and QA that the original FW that was shipped with the unit went through. So I'm typically very reticent to update, and only do so when its clear/apparent that I should.

Reactions: -mjk-
In many instances FW updates just are not subjected to the same rigor and QA that the original FW that was shipped with the unit went through

This incident certainly seems to support your contention.

Hi all

V1.08 is out now for Tascam dp 32 sd. Just installed to replace V1.06.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.