New to DP-03sd

ShakinItTwice

Gear owned
DP-03sd
How do delete all the time before and after to song? My band and I use the DP-03sd to record our prctices to hone our original songs. There's alot of dead space between when I hit record and we start and vice versa for the end. How do I cut those sections out and save the middle?

I've read through that part but it is easily the worst manual I have ever seen. Doesn't do a great job of explaining it.

You're not alone thinking that :) If you can set IN & OUT points, then the only other one you'll need is a TO point, and this is just the current time position. The IN & OUT points mark the start & end of a section of your track or song, and the TO point is where you want to move the section. So you'd locate your time position to just before the song starts, then set IN. Then locate to just after the end of the song and set OUT. Then rewind so the current time position is zero (this is now the TO point). Then you can use the reqd Track Edit function, e.g. Move/Paste. This will move the section defined by IN & OUT for the specified track or tracks or song, to the TO position, i.e. time zero.
To get rid of any rubbish at the end of the moved song, set the IN & OUT points to encompass the rubbish and use the Silence function.
N.B. I don't have a dp03 but the track edit functions are very similar to the dp32, which I do have. The actual method for setting IN/OUT & TO points may not be exactly as I've described, but their function is correct.
Update: Note you don't need to move the song if you're going to mix it on the dp03. When you mix, you have to specify the IN & OUT points for the section to be mixed, and the machine will just process that section and create the result starting at time zero.

Last edited:
When doing Master Record I turn up track 2 (bass) to about 4. Sounds good. Playback on Master Play, again sounds good. Then I transfer to the file to my computer and create an MP3 of the master in Audacity... the bass has disappeared

I have also found that sometimes the bass tracks disappear from a mastered song on my DP-03 when transferred to my laptop. Any thoughts - it's very frustrating!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.