Newbie question DAW studio one

Gerardfaasen

Gear owned
Dm3200
Hello everybody. First of all Nice to be here. I have a problem with my DM-3200. I have setup all the inputs and output from and to my windows10 studio one pc with firewire and Everything is working fine. But when i want to record vocals from m/l 3 to my daw, my fader 3 is on 0, but my dm3200 still sends in to my daw. He is receiving singnal even when my fader is on zero. It is like he is monitoring or some kind of thing. So i just want to record my mic when i open the fader. I am totally new so hope someone can help me with this.

Sorry for my bad englisch i am from holland.

Kind regards,
Gerard.

Check the Pre/Post Fade for that channel in ROUTING. If it is set to Pre, set it to Post.
I'll use the Pre Fade setting to send a signal to outboard gear via the Assignable Sends, which negates the need to have the originating channel's fader up so I can monitor the returning signal from the given reverb, delay, compressor, etcetera. I'm guessing that M/L 3 in your case is setup Pre-Fade, hence the issue.
And for the record, your English is just fine.

I must correct myself here, for what I should have said was to check the Pre/Post situation on the Aux Sends for the given channel to see if there is a signal being passed Pre-Fade to your DAW. Big brain fart on my part, and I apologize. Long day...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Gerardfaasen
Check the Pre/Post Fade for that channel in ROUTING. If it is set to Pre, set it to Post.
I'll use the Pre Fade setting to send a signal to outboard gear via the Assignable Sends, which negates the need to have the originating channel's fader up so I can monitor the returning signal from the given reverb, delay, compressor, etcetera. I'm guessing that M/L 3 in your case is setup Pre-Fade, hence the issue.
And for the record, your English is just fine.

I must correct myself here, for what I should have said was to check the Pre/Post situation on the Aux Sends for the given channel to see if there is a signal being passed Pre-Fade to your DAW. Big brain fart on my part, and I apologize. Long day...

Hi sir,

I have made some screenshots of my DM screen.... what setting do i change? i can only set this in de ROUTING > INSERT screen.
Confusing hahaha....

https://imgshare.io/image/tvWn7
https://imgshare.io/image/tvA1q

Thanks for the help!

Greetings, Gerard.

Hi Gerard, can you upload a screenshot of your Output Slot page? I suspect your connected mics and line signals are routed directly out after the AD conversion. See Output Select box on the left on this page.

[If you ask me, that's exactly what you want - always the most optimal signal going to the DAW, and your fader only controlling the volume for monitoring. All you have to do then is silence the input in your DAW. This is exactly how I have it set up, and this way I have latency free monitoring including the effects I want - without recording all that.}

Hi Arjan,

yes indeed, i have a couple plugin instruments like piano on track 1, and my mic on M/L 3 input.
If i want just record my voice from M/L 3 to Studio One, i want to hear the piano and record only my voice. i now have M/L3 routed to BUSS 3, and now my fader is working without the monitoring.... think it is working now i think LOL.

https://imgshare.io/image/tvGAZ

Thanks!

Great you got it working. If you want to take Buss 3 out of the chain, you can also directly enter M/L3 in the 3rd entry of that Output Select box - that way also the Buss 3 fader has no influence, and the signal goes directly after the analog gain and AD conversion to the IF/FW Output 3 and your DAW.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.