Newbie question : DP32 and the use of Input H

michael cunningham

Gear owned
tascam dp32SD
In various places in the manual, text and diagrams say to use input H for guitars with the line/guitar switch set to the guitar position.

Manual says A through H can be used for line inputs and micrphone inputs, but guitars can use only input H.

Is this true? What if I want to record 2 or more guitars simultaneously? I don't get it. Input H only for guitars. What if I plugged a guitar into inout A- G? What am I missing?

Electric guitar pickups need a pre-amp with a high-impedance input. 'Normal' pre-amps such as inputs A-G on the dp32 are not high-impedance, but input H (only) can be switched. You can still try the other inputs - you won't break anything - but the sound may be affected depending on the pickup & cable characteristics and how long the cable is; typically you'd lose the high frequencies so it will sound dull. The problem is due to the coil of wire used in electric guitar pickups, so other types of pickup or guitars with built-in pre-amps should not have this restriction. You could also use an external DI box to convert high-impedance signals for inputs A-G.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.