No audio in headphones w/ XLR (EXT) mic

lightisbeauty

Gear owned
DR-44WL
Hi all,

Have a dr-44wl, and with a mic connected to either XLR, I cannot hear audio in headphones. I can see the levels on the display and can confirm it does record audio but I can't actually monitor it. Have tried everything I can think of, looked through the manual, searched online but can't come up with anything so hoping that someone here has this figured out.
Have also tried with or w/o phantom power. Again, I can see the levels coming in, so I know there is input but its not being routed to the headphones -- it only seems to do that with the two internal mics.

_J

What is the impedance of your headphones? What type of headphones are they?

No idea. I've tried using two different kinds of generic stereo headphones, and the only thing that gets passed through is the built-in inputs 1,2. The XLR 3,4 do not get monitored in the headphones.

So, you are getting something out of the headphones, but only when you use the internal mics, not when you use mics plugged into the XLR sockets?

If the input levels are jumping around and you are actually getting usable recordings from the XLR mics, but not able to monitor these inputs on the headphones, then I would suggest reading the manual really carefully to ensure you are not missing out on something in this regard.

At that point, I would take it back to the shop.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.