Gear owned
Tascam dp24
Did all required steps
Factory settings and initialized
Tested with different cords, guitars and audio devices
Problem is no output any channel even though meters register
Metronome works fine on monitors and headphones
I’m flabbergasted and discouraged

Press the Monitor Select button and make sure are monitoring the Stereo bus.

The Stereo fader has to be up and the individual track faders also have to be up.

Thanks but no such luck still problems
How is it that the metronome works loud and levels show visuals but again no output in any channels tried
Every step and substitute also

not enough info,explain your signal path all the way to your monitors/headphones and what switches are engaged in said path

Guitar into instrument input H to channel one record red on
Faders all at appropriate levels and trim and monitor
SD card initialized and factory settings restored
Dp24 is connected to either headphones or all brand new monitors with new cords connected to balanced outs
( speakers both work with Bluetooth separate so works fine)
Metronome sounds out fine
Low level output of instrument ir device inputted

again following everything in book and tutorials over and over

could it be old SS card?!

No. You said the meters were working. There is signal.

Can you make a video?

UPDATE!
Success.
Replaced ac adapter with tascam dp24 compatible ac adapter.
Secondly, a big one is very rarely thought or advised.
Replaced SD card with brand new one being last ditch effort.
The original used one wasn’t good quality and on top of it the lock switch was jammed to locked position. A very small switch on cards that most might not realize.
First noticed by my own eyes than later read in MANUAL on page 26 titled
About write-protected SD cards
THE SWITCH!
This by a accounts froze the output of any inputted track on source and disabiled any proper use all together of the unit even if reformatted and factory settings.
I strongly stress that this is a very small detail with very large repercussions, even tascam phone techs advised of my dilemma to return to factory for repairs. Also I believe tutorials failed to mention. Repeat failed to mention or acknowledge.
This was a very accomplished feat by myself that I hope heeds warning and mention for all suffering from absolute discouragements.
Thanks to all who followed my questions and quest so much appreciated!

Problem is no output any channel even though meters register...SD card initialized and factory settings restored...no output in any channels

While not relevant to your reported issue, the OM does warn to use only the TASCAM adapter designated for your portastudio, and not to use third-party power adapters. There are good reasons for that warning.
Replaced SD card with brand new one being last ditch effort. The original used one wasn’t good quality and on top of it the lock switch was jammed to locked position.
Which is why the OM, and we in the "New Member" and "Equipment Related Tips" stickies, say to use only TASCAM approved SD cards, and tell you were to find the list of approved cards.

If the lock switch was jammed in the "lock" position, then how were you able to initialize the SD card (see below), as you reported in your post #5 of this thread??
Problem is no output any channel even though meters register...lock switch was jammed to locked position...This by a accounts froze the output of any inputted track on source and disabled any proper use all together of the unit...Dp24 is connected to either headphones or all brand new monitors
A write-protected (locked) SD card does not disable or disrupt a correctly set up Input signal to the Tracks and Track Meters, nor does it disable or disrupt the Track signal output to the Stereo Bus Meter, the Stereo Bus output or the Monitor Bus output.​

lock switch was jammed to locked position...tutorials failed to mention. Repeat failed to mention or acknowledge.
SD cards have been around a long time; repeat have been around a long time. And as you point out, it's in the OM ("...read in MANUAL on page 26 titled About write-protected SD cards").

In addition, if the SD card is locked, the Format function and the Record function will return a "Protected Card" error message on the Display Screen. That's called a clue to look up the error message and solution in the OM, which states: SD Card is write-protected. Unprotect the card.

A search of this forum turned up numerous posts in the Site Results tab on write-protecting SD cards. This thread/post has a picture of the lock switch that write-protects the SD card. I only found one post in this forum where the poster posited he may have accidentally moved the switch into the locked position.
This was a very accomplished feat by myself
Congratulations, hope you can now get on with recording.​

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Success.
Secondly, a big one is very rarely thought or advised.
Replaced SD card with brand new one being last ditch effort.
The original used one wasn’t good quality and on top of it the lock switch was jammed to locked position. A very small switch on cards that most might not realize.
First noticed by my own eyes than later read in MANUAL on page 26 titled
About write-protected SD cards
THE SWITCH!
This by a accounts froze the output of any inputted track on source and disabiled any proper use all together of the unit even if reformatted and factory settings.
I strongly stress that this is a very small detail with very large repercussions, even tascam phone techs advised of my dilemma to return to factory for repairs. Also I believe tutorials failed to mention. Repeat failed to mention or acknowledge.
This was a very accomplished feat by myself that I hope heeds warning and mention for all suffering from absolute discouragements.
Thanks to all who followed my questions and quest so much appreciated!

Thank you for sharing - and I'm glad you got your problem resolved.

I do not see any connection to the problem that you were reporting and what you seem to be pointing to as the fix. I could be wrong - but I have a lot of time on this model/line and none of that makes sense to me. I say this in event that there actually was something else that was not set right and you mistakenly go forward thinking that something else was the fix when that wasn't the case at all.

But again - glad you're squared away! Happy recording.:)

Last edited:
@David Porter you said what I was thinking. The power adaptor and the lock switch on the SD card have nothing to do with audio not being heard while showing on the playback meters.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.