Please, help with US-428

Cesar9574

Gear owned
us-428
Hello friends. I bought the us-428 and I have no idea how to make it sound or record. I have Win 7 and Cubase 5 but I saw videos where they use it to record with Audacity or Audition. I have microphones and guitars connected to the console, but at the time of recording it does not register anything. This is my first console and the truth is I did not know that it would be so difficult to configure it ... can someone help me? I need help from 0

That is a 4-in and 2-out USB interface. You can't do a full multitrack I/O with that console. You'll have to work with it like a 2-channel interface for tracking.

Reactions: Cesar9574
OK thanks. The question is that I can't record ANYTHING, in any program. I have seen in some forums that you have to configure something in the Windows control panel, but I don't know what it is. There are (in that application) three lights that appear red. And I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or is it like that. In Cubase the controls for advance, play and that work, but record or monitor, nothing. Neither in normal plug or in XLR, as if it did not work. I'm lost.

I think it's more of a routing issue in the DAW. But (I know nothing about this particular model) it would depend on whether you're using ASIO drivers or stock Windows.

OK thanks. The question is that I can't record ANYTHING, in any program. I have seen in some forums that you have to configure something in the Windows control panel, but I don't know what it is. There are (in that application) three lights that appear red. And I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or is it like that. In Cubase the controls for advance, play and that work, but record or monitor, nothing. Neither in normal plug or in XLR, as if it did not work. I'm lost.

You need to firstly configure Cubase to use the Tascam audio drivers (ASIO), and not the default Realtek ones that your computer comes with.
Then start the Tascam Control Panel. Now Cubase should see the Tascam drivers

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online