Possible sound leakage

Mollie

Gear owned
dp 24
Does anyone use the metronome function on their DP 24? If so, can you hear it faintly on your recorded tracks after it's been turned off again?
Even with the metronome volume turned down pretty low, the armed track still records it, and I can hear it during playback afterwards, even after I have turned the metronome function off. Is this normal with digital stuff?
I also tried using a click track recorded to one channel, which I then muted when I was finished, but I could still hear that as well.
I understand that the DP24 is hardly the most sophisticated recording device in the world, and that this may be the price of affordable home recording, but I was wondering if others had the same issue, and how/if you managed to get around it.

It is very unlikely that internal bleed would cause the click to go on the recorded track. More likely it was played in headphones and then recorded together with vocals for instance (but you don't mention the kind of track it appears on). So yeah, it will be there after the metronome is turned off.

I've experienced the exact scenario that Arjan has described. I've gotten metronome leakage from my headphones that was picked up in the vocal mic. Took a while to figure that one out. At the same time I also learned the difference between open back headphones & closed back headphones.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.