Problems Recording With DP-008EX

Shaun Hudson

Gear owned
Tascam DP-006
Hi
I have been recording a song with no issues until I came to record some vocals on tracks 5&6. If you look at your recorder each track has a number inside a shaded box, along the bottom of the screen. On my recorder 5&6 are no longer in a shaded box and I can't record anything on those tracks.

I have tried the internal and an external mic and although I can hear myself (through headphones) and the volume bars are moving up and down on the channels when I play it back nothing is there, just silence. Any help would be much appreciated.

Shaun

Have you tried a factory reset as outlined in the manual on page 67 ?

Here is the thread that I referenced and the answer from Phil Tipping:
https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp-008-device-error-1.8086/

Page 67 in the manual shows a "restore initial preferences" option, so that looks the closest to a factory reset.
If this doesn't work, try re-installing the firmware. I presume you're using the latest, but it's worth a shot in case it's become corrupted.
Good luck, and please follow up with the results - good or bad. --- Phil Tipping

JoeH

All sorted, thanks to Emma Boyd. Somehow I had muted tracks 5&6, not sure how I ended up doing that without knowing, but I did. Emma told me how to check the 'Mute' button out, and there was my problem. Thanks all for the reply's

New threads

Members online