Problems With Overdubbing New Tracks

Kirk Smith

From
North Liberty Iowa
Gear owned
DP24SD
Can someone help me with a monitoring issue. I recorded a guitar track on channel 1 using H input ,
Then I was going to record voice on channel 2 , when I hit record the monitor channel in 1 ( the guitar ) was not heard.
I’m sure it is something simple but this board is brand new to me.
Thank you for any help you all can give me
Kirk

[Edited by moderator @-mjk- to remove underlining]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you take the guitar track out of record mode?

(I took care of the underlining for you)

Reactions: dctdct
Just reaching out for help as a new user of the dp 24
Here is my problem
I have my acoustic guitar assigned to the H input on the first track. I have no problem getting a good recording.
Then I proceeded to lay down a second part on my acoustic. I kept it inserted in the H input but assigned it to the second track , it is here where I am stuck, I have the channel armed to record but when I push play and record , the record will not turn on.
I have tried other inserts and the same thing happens.
I must not be setting something incorrectly but not sure. Can someone explain my issue

Thanks so much
Kirk

Last edited:
I may not have, I have just begun working with this machine so so have alot to learn.
Thank you for the tip

Was that the issue with not hearing the guitar when recording a voice track?

@Kirk Smith said:
I have the channel armed to record but when I push play and record , the record will not turn on.

Are you saying that the Record button is not lighting up?

I have the channel armed to record but when I push play and record , the record will not turn on.
I may have misunderstood the problem, but you do not need to press Play & Record; you just need to press Record.
If you press Play a fraction before the Record button, the machine does not go into record mode.
When you are recording, any other tracks will automatically be played. You will only hear them if their respective track faders are turned up.
Update: Other things to check if you can't hear other tracks: digital trim, eq, guitar insert effect. These can all affect an individual track's playback level, and is why a 'template' (clean slate or otherwise) is recommended if you want to create new songs whose settings are in a known state.
Let us know if you find the culprit setting.

Last edited:
Thank you Phil, I will try these suggestions. I believe I tried it both ways, combining play with record and just hitting record. I will give it a shot, thanks again
Kirk

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online