Recurring sound noise every second on SD card?

keeny

Hi,

i'am interested in the Model 16 for home recording.
I read a german review (2019/10): https://www.amazona.de/test-tascam-model-24-model-16-mischpult-mit-multitrack-recorder/
But unfortunately the reviewer complains: "that the writing process on the SD card creates a recurring sound that is also recorded. It is quiet and in the background, but still audible. The noise occurs constantly every second. Here is a recording of which I added 40 dB digital gain:"
You can hear a track with an example: „Tascam_Model24_write_noise_stereo_track_Sandisk_Extreme_64GB_Track13-20only“
and he writes: "If you press the rewind button and "rewinds" back to the beginning of the song, this also creates a noise in the recording track" : track "Tascam-Model24-Noise-StereoTrack-DAW-Rewind“

So I asked a major dialer about this and about the quality of model 24/16. I received an e-mail of an employee and musician who tested also the model 24 and wrote: "The recording was clean, but in monitor mode I actually noticed a rhythmic noise in time with a flashing LED on the device"

For me this is no coincidence and similar and that shouldn't be. Is or was the problem known (and especially model 16) and fixed in the meantime?

thank you very much for your comment!

This is the first I've heard of this and I've never noticed it. I'll have to check it out when I have time. Anyone else?

Yeah i noticed immediately that the flashing record buttons are audible as noise when monitoring through headphones. I didn't actually check if the noise made it through to the recording though.

Reactions: xderbyx
I too noticed the audible noise from the flashing led on the Model 24. I don’t believe I have it on recordings though, most likely because when recording the led is no longer flashing. I can never seem to get super super clean, noiseless recordings though, not sure if it’s the mics, cables, dirty electric, or the recorder. But I’m also no pro!

Yeah i noticed immediately that the flashing record buttons are audible as noise when monitoring through headphones. I didn't actually check if the noise made it through to the recording though.
The noise isn't recorded on the wav files. I checked mine over the weekend by copying the files to my computer and listening there.

Hi all, sorry to resurrect old thread but same here, kind of electrical interference/chirping sound, have tried all sorts from firmware, cables connected and disconnected , power supplies and sd cards (all on the list), noise still there when recorded and does come up on files when i transfer to Logic.

on the Rec Arm buttons thing, I’m having the same pulsing noise which gets louder between live and MTR (as does general noise floor) whilst stopped. Does not come out on recordings as the lights are solid :)

I’m kind of at a loss as to where to go from here, I can’t use the unit as it is, it’s out of warranty etc so any ideas would be appreciated Thanks

@Nine does this occur at every location where you try to use the recorder?

Hi, yes, it does unfortunately, I’ve even taken the unit next door, different kettle leads, power sockets etc. still there, very feint, but noticeable

If you are suffering from RFI, your neighbor might be in the same environment. I would try taking it to a completely different area and see if the problem persists.

Ok, I’ll give that a try and report back, thanks for the help

Reactions: SteveGeetar
Be sure and let us know the results. I used to be an RFI investigator and I have some suggestions based on the outcome of your test.

I checked my model 12 there is no audible
Sound with flashing recording light or transport
I pushed faders to max, there was hiss of course!

I've just experienced the same problem with Model 16. I've posted an image of my wave file on the Tascam Model... owners page on Facebook.
All the faders are down so it's definitely not coming from one of my audio tracks. I thought initially it was in time with the LED but I just tried my headphones on full and it continues once the LED has stopped flashing, and also makes a different noise when stopping and rewinding. Must be a noisy SD card. I sincerely hope this can be resolved! Let me know if you find any solutions.

New threads

Staff online

Members online