Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Hello all.

Before I begin, allow me to apologize if I have posted this question in the wrong Forum section.

Several years ago I owned / used an Akai GX-360D-SS Reel to Reel 4-Track deck. Since then I have hung on to a box full of recorded material. I would like to transfer / digitize said material to a PC in .wav format but have no intention locating / purchasing a used tape deck. The few that I have located probably need work and the asking price is ridiculously high.

If all I had access to was a two track machine, could I:

Load my tape reels, record two tracks, flip the reel and record the remaining two tracks. Then I could always time align all four tracks in my DAW.

Your time and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Peter

Last edited:
Hello,
the Tascam 22-4 is a four track machine. You can parallel reproduce all the 4 tracks. But both machines should be the same standard, either NAB or DIN/IEC since the size of the tracks and playback equalizations are different. You will be able to do it anyway, but the result will not be optimal. If your question aimed rather the sinchronization of the archived two tracks in the DAW, I cant comment on that one.

@Laszlo Of course, I stand corrected. I mistakenly said that the 22-4 was a two track machine. What I should have asked was: If all I had access to was a two track machine, how would I go about transferring the material that was recorded on the Akai 4 track machine to my PC in .wav format. Thank you for chiming in. Peter

New threads

Members online

No members online now.