Replacement Pod encoders, anyone know if they're generic?

RighteousSine

Gear owned
Tascam dm3200
Firstly Hi and thanks for all the help over the years, I've never needed to post as figured everything out from reading here.

I made a boo boo and dropped something on pod 4 encoder, snapping the shaft, I super glued it back on, but some must've run down inside the shaft as now it thinks I'm turning the encoder right constantly and I can't use the menus.

There's no way to bypass encoders and use a midi controller I assume?

Otherwise I'm assuming damage is mechanical as in super glue on encoder mechanism n not circuit connections, and replacing the encoder is easiest/cheapest solution to try and fix. As it's currently a bit of a brick if I can't choose inputs, outputs etc.

Anyone know if the encoders are generic and/or where to get some? There's a screen board for sale on eBay I could ask if he'll separate one maybe, don't really want to buy whole board and pay international postage if I can help it, pretty pricey. Thanks

cant use MIDI to remote control an encoder, sadly. replacing a single encoder may be well beyond my skill, but the DM 4800/3200 service manual and schematics may indicate exactly what part it is if you feel motivated and able to do it!

Hello thanks for the reply, it was way above my skill level too, but didn't think I had anything to lose by giving it a go.

However, that night before I went to bed I sprayed electrical contact cleaner around the encoder, been away for two days but got back today and it seems to be working fine, which I'm very happy about!

So if anyone else is dumb enough to pour super glue down an encoder shaft, try contact cleaner first

Reactions: mixerizer
LOL, funny now, but what a relief! thats great news !

Reactions: RighteousSine

New threads

Members online