Robbie Ferguson

From
Ontario, Canada
Website
category5.tv
Gear owned
DP-008EX, DP-24SD
Hi all,
While my broadcast software (for video) picks up and utilizes the 16 input channels of the US-16x08, I'm wondering what audio recording software I could use.

So far I've tried Goldwave (which is limited to 8 channels) and Audacity (which says it is an invalid device). I just want to be able to push record and let it run, saving each track independently for later post processing.

I don't need any bells and whistles. JUST a straight recording from the mic inputs to lossless audio files.

Thanks!

Download Reaper. Works great with my unit. Lots of videos to learn from. Good PDF manual.

Reactions: -mjk-
Wonderful, thanks @Mark Ginn - I just downloaded it and sure enough, it pulls in the device and is able to record without challenge. Beautiful. I also really dig how the developer has set up their business model. Very fair pricing, and so nice for them to be supporting work-from-home users. I can stand behind a dev who clearly cares about their users.

Thanks again for the tip - this looks excellent.

Too bad Tascam support is non-existent. Thank God we have this group. Don't forget to pay for the license. This SW is dirt-cheap compared to the big guys.

Regardless, yes - absolutely I will be buying Reaper if it passes the test. I've got a shoot on Wednesday night so I'll try Reaper for our ISO audio, and then buy a license if I'm happy with the result.

I can't say my experience has been the same re. Tascam support. I have another issue I'm working through and phoned TEAC head office and was through to tech support in only 30 seconds.

That said, I do find the folks in the forum here to be more product knowledgeable, which is understandable since we're the ones using these devices day in, day out.

Cheers!

I love Reaper. It never disappoints. It just makes sense.

Reactions: Felonious Punk
Reaper is great value,awesome forum support too. Kenny's videos can even teach a luddite like me how to record :)

Tascam? you rang a number and got tech support? Try doing that from Australia lol. non existant.

Another Reaper fan here. Been using it since the end of WWII and it's never let me down. Unlike Cakewalk

New threads

Members online