ReWire 32-bit Reason to your 64-bit DAW (Windows)

cmaffia

Staff member
From
Queens, New York
Website
cmaffia.wix.com
Gear owned
2 x DM3200, DA-3000
Once I started using the 64-bit version of Cubase, I could no longer ReWire my 32-bit version of Reason 4. I didn't want to upgrade just so I could ReWire and I didn't need the additional DAW functionality. I wanted to keep the simplicity of the original Reason which is a virtual synth rack & sequencer. The app linked below allows me to ReWire Reason 4 to Cubase 9 using Windows 10. I've translated the README file which was originally in Japanese.

32-bit Bridge download: https://www.mediafire.com/?6s47z1qvmvml520

ReWire 64-32 Bridge

A 64-bit ReWire compatible Mixer application (DAW such as SONAR or CUBASE)
A 32-bit version of ReWire compatible device (sound source such as VOCALOID 2 Editor)
ReWire connection will be available. Up to 32 32-bit ReWire Devices can be used simultaneously in your 64b-bit DAW host.

Install Instructions:
Unzip the ZIP file and run Setup.exe.
Make sure all options are checked and agree to the terms and conditions to proceed with the installation.

To change the 32-bit ReWireDevice settings:
[Start] [All Programs] and launch ReWire 64-32 Bridge

Uninstall Instructions:
Select [Start] [All Programs] [ReWire 64 - 32 Bridge] [Uninstall ReWire 64 - 32 Bridge]

Required system: Windows 7 x64 version / Windows Vista x64 version/ Windows 10
(Although it may work on Windows XP x64 version, I have not tried it)
Operation confirmed DAW: SONAR 8.3, SONAR X 1 d, CUBASE ELEMENTS 6, Studio One 2
Operation confirmed sound source: VOCALOID 2 Editor
(For VOCALOID 3, use V64Sync with x64 driver, so please use it)

YouTube Instructional:

Thanks for this -- I installed it and was able to ReWire Reason 5 with Cubase 11. I noticed Reaper now appears as an option for me as well.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.