Sample Lock

Thanks Alan. We have discovered something ( at least my son has ) regarding the networking. The tower he has is actually windows 10 home and the laptop I am using was set up using the Duke University version. He thinks there could be something hard coded which Is stopping the connection. I worked at Duke and have retired from there and I know that they are really concerned about how there stuff is used. They would block some things and it could be something with the MX2424 that the system will not allow. Any thoughts on this?
We are going to set up the tower he has with windows 10 home and see how that works and also a laptop that he has with windows 10. If they both connect I will buy both of them.

I also have ordered a new hard drive ( Seagate barracuda 18xl ). Hoping his will fix the erorr problem I keep getting.

Will keep you posted.
Alan D.

Just as a P.S. I have tried the other fixes that you listed above and still can't get the laptop to connect ( this is loaded with the Duke windows 10 ).

New drive arrived today and installed and receiving same message, Write error on record.
set the new drive to SCSI 1 ( front drive with jumper and back on the carry ( rhino Jr. ) did a low level format and initialize and got message. I can tell you that was very frustrating....

Thank you thank you thank you. That is what the problem was I was able to record and playback with the drive hooked in direct.
Is there anyway to fix or something I can check with the drive carrier?
Would it be better to try to fix this carrier or find something else? If so what would you suggest. I need the unit to be portable.
This puts me 2/3rds of the way there.
You are great,
Alan D.

Reactions: -mjk-
All I can think off is that there is a bad connection within the carrier or the connections to it? Also if there are connections to the drive for ID allocation are these connected to the correct pins on the drive?

My setup uses an external drive tower with multiple caddy’s I don’t have an internal drive or a front caddy installed at all.

There could be a problem with the internal scsi chain regarding the front caddy, when I get to my computer I’ll see where my copy of the scsi diagram is and post a link.

I had already confirmed the SCSI setup and had those set up correct according to the information from Seagate ( side note, the original drive supplied works fine hard wired in as well ). I actually had to change the SCSI ID on the Seagate which read great. I changed it from ID 3 to ID 1 and came as an appropriate drive. The MX2424 seemed to be reading the hard drive but not able to send the recording information to it I pulled the carrier out and can't see any connection problems but you never know with these things. I contacted the original seller and told him about the problem ( I have stayed in touch with him all along with the problem ) and requested a new drive caddy. I think he ( if he can find one ) replace the bad one.

Again thanks for all of your assistance and I will keep you posted on the progress with the MX-view.

Alan D.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.