SD card from one recorder to another

Dookychase

Gear owned
Tascam dp24
We recorded on a dp32 and took the sd card out and put it in a dp24, but it wouldn't read it. I understand if we had recorded more than 24 tracks but it was only 4 tracks of music.

Can you only jump between the same model? Do you have to save your tracks a particular way?

Thanks

I only have a DP-24, but I suspect the formatting of the SD card is the limiting factor when trying to use it in a different model. As a workaround, open the Music folder on the SD card, and copy the folder with the song name that you're trying to copy to the desktop. Remove that SD card, and insert the one for the other machine, and copy that folder to that card. I don't know if it will work or not, but it's easy enough to give it a try.

Thanks Bob. I suspected the formatting of the disc. These are two of my buddies that have these units. I ready to buy one to replace my Korg D1600. So, I should be able to swap sd cards from one Dp24 to another with no problem right?

I would think so....again, I only have my one DP-24, so I've never tried to swap with another unit, but if they are the same, I think it should work. One caveat I'd do is to insure both DPs are at the same level of firmware. The latest revision, 1.15, is available on the Downloads page at the Tascam site, and has corrected a number of issues that users have had.

Thanks, I'll make sure we have the latest version.

One other option might be the security settings. I was installing the pro Marantz units in Radio station studios and production studios as well and we found that when cards did not read that the disc was formatted with a different security setting bit. I don't recall the exact detail but that was the way I fixed it. This was something that was discovered pretty quick and being the Chief Engineer I had to discover the solution and implement the settings. We did not have this problem with Open Reels.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.