Sending a Mix to Artists via AUX 1-2

Guitarbin

Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
Hello, I have a Behringer HA8000 going into the ASN Snd and I'm using channels 1-16 as M/L inputs and layer 17-32 for returns back to the DM-3200.

1st Question: Do I need to set channels 1-16 to RTN, Post or Pre in the AUX 1-2?

2nd Question: When sending the artist a mix ex; vocals on M/L channel 1 and I'm returning on the tascam channel 17do I need to send them the M/L channel or just the RTN channel on 17 or both? If I send both channels 1 from AUX 1-2 and 17 am I doubling the signal in the artists mix?

Guitarbin said:
1st Question: Do I need to set channels 1-16 to RTN, Post or Pre in the AUX 1-2?
Of channels 1-16, you want to set AUX1-2 levels to your artists needs, so that would be Pre-fader. You can easily copy your current fader levels as a starting point.

Guitarbin said:
2nd Question: When sending the artist a mix ex; vocals on M/L channel 1 and I'm returning on the tascam channel 17do I need to send them the M/L channel or just the RTN channel on 17 or both? If I send both channels 1 from AUX 1-2 and 17 am I doubling the signal in the artists mix?
From your DAW software, you shouldn't return tracks that are being recorded, since you're already monitoring the direct signal. So a vocal being recorded from channel 1 should only be heard from this same channel. Ofcourse, existing tracks should sound, so those should also have their AUX1-2 levels set from channels 17-32. In your example, that would be the vocal now from channel 17, while - let's say - a harmony track is recorded (and monitored) from channel 1.

New threads

Members online