Separating stereo channels on the DP-32 to adjust panning

Jonprof

Gear owned
2488 Neo; DP-32, headphon
Am using my DP-32 for first time to record. With my 2488 I was able to press the "select" button to assign different panning settings to each channel of the stereo channel (e.g., with stereo channel 23/24 - assign 23 a 10 pan left, and 24 a 45 pan right etc. The DP-32 won't do that and can't find it in the manual. Looks like you can only assign one pan setting to both channels. Any ideas? Only solution I see is using mono tracks, copying the track to another track and then panning where I want each.

Don't think there is a way, apart from using mono tracks as you suggest. Not sure why you'd want to treat the sides of a stereo signal differently. If you've made a stereo recording, presumably you wanted to capture the spread as-is. The stereo pan can be used as a 'balance' to shift the whole field to the left or right, maybe to compensate for a lop-sided recording, but the relative positions would be retained. If you want manual control for individual instruments, then record each in mono and use pan to position it in the stereo field.

Sometimes I want the freedom to move each part of a stereo track around in the stereo field to unclutter the mix some. Liked that feature on the 2488 Neo. Oh well, thanks for your response. Will just use more mono tracks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.