Solo button on dp24sd..is there one

Kevin Brown

Gear owned
Tascam 244
Hi folks newby here, started with 244 in 1980 still have and use..recorded last album on it ! Borrowed friends r16 and loving the sound and speed of working but not the menus or screen..so considering Dp24sd Which of Phil’s excellent videos shows how to mix down to a stereo file within the machine....presume i change that to an mp3 on my Mac ? And yes would love to know if there’s a solo button, switching all other tracks of is so laborious, early Miss that on R16. especially in this day and age ! Oh and where’s the output level control located, Forever turning that on and of for recording and playback....hopin it’s a big knob somewhere...I connect straight to speakers to have no other hardware.

Which of Phil’s excellent videos shows how to mix down to a stereo file within the machine

There are two options to do this on these machines. Tipping Tutorials 9 and 10 cover each of these options in detail.

Hi Kevin, Solo & mute are shown in video 6A approx 16:20.
Output level is the main stereo fader for the stereo output, and also the monitor knob for the monitor output and headphones. There's no separate control for the latter two. The signal flow is shown in the videos, but best to start from the beginning as the later vids assume a lot from the previous ones.

Thanks Phil, understood. Just a note for you..I suffer from brain crashing when even lightly overloaded...for example if I ask directions when in a new location by the time they have got to the end of the information I have already forgotten what was said at the beginning so I have to keep stopping them whilst my brain slowly assimilates the info. Hence my brain sees your diagrams as a series of nightmares that can take hours to understand. I’m learning atm by going to the non diagrammatic sections of your videos and will return to them as I progress this utterly monstrous task of negotiating this new learning curve. So if my queries appear naive it’s prob because I’m in overload mode at the time.....sincerely yours..your gracious student. :)

No worries Kevin, you're not alone judging by some of the comments on the videos... in fact the person who encouraged me to finally write the step-by-step guide had similar problems - see the 'Background' page on her website KristiDKelty dot com. So don't worry about how your questions appear - everyone is different. There's plenty of understanding folk on this forum so don't hesitate to ask anything :)

Seeet...thanks Phil..very close to purchasing now.....query, could I record onto say 14 separate tracks and create a bounce with all 14 faders functioning for balancing levels...so it’s all in front of me at a single glance and not banked into groups upon playback like on the R16, that would be heaven for me

Yes, you're only limited during recording to 8 inputs simultaneously, but once you've recorded/overdubbed, the bouncing or mixdown phase can use all the track faders... and the 8 inputs are still available for adding to that mix if reqd.

New threads

Members online