Solution to unplug/replug TASCAM US-366 to work

ringo_0

Gear owned
US-366
Hey there, I couldn't find a solution through search engines so I'm going to make a post here on providing a possible solution to those who have been experiencing an issue with the TASCAM US-366 after upgrading to Windows 10.

After about 2 hours of use, all audio going in or coming out of the TASCAM USB interface would not be working. In order to solve the issue short term, one would have to unplug and plug it back in. It turns out Windows 10 has power-saving on USB ports by default.

To resolve the issue, go to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > (right-click select the USB hub) > Properties > Power Management > (uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power")

Do this for as many USB hubs are listed on the device manager. I was literally about to buy a new interface because of this frustration, I'm glad I stuck with it and am staying with the TASCAM family and I hope you do too.

unplug/replug problem exists also for the US-2x2. I am currently testing your solution and will report back.

EDIT: It's been a few days and it seems quite stable for now! This might very well be the fix!

Last edited:
To resolve the issue, go to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > (right-click select the USB hub) > Properties > Power Management > (uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power")

After windows updated, I had to do this just to be able to use any of my USB audio sources for live streaming software.

The only problem with this solution is that Windows 10 cannot go to "Sleep" mode. I wish the developers would fix this :(

New threads

Members online