Sonar Setup Question

earlink45

From
Texas
Gear owned
DM 3200
Hi as I was following the Sonar Setup Guide it ask to checks some boxes for automation in Sonar for MTC Output ports under >PROJECT OPTIONS>SYNC. The guide instructs to check box3 which I have but IF-FW (#1) was already checked as well in the MIDI SYNC OUTPUT PORTS. Do I unchecked them or leave them alone? When I uncheck them I lose transport control. I attached a pic. Sorry for having to ask I know it seems like a no brainer but I am literally doing this for my first time and I just want to make sure I have it right. If it makes any difference I am using the DM 3200 with an Alesis HD 24 and a MOTU 2408.

3cOaZKH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to check MIDIOUT3 Tascam for MTC.

Jamsire Thanks for the feedback. Back to the picture, let me ask this question so I understand what's going on... The midi input and output 3 is for the USB to sync The transport control? And therefore the IF-FW # 1 input and output syncs the audio going in and out the firewire?

Last edited:
Muziekschuur Thanks... This has been a ten year pipe dream... In the end my goal is to sync all to a video camera... finally the DM3200 and the MOTU 2408 will bring everything together with the HD24. I use a Panasonic HPX300 to shoot video... SOMEHOW I will get it all to sync up with transport control. I have some long thought out research on how to But right now its learning some more babysteps. In the end I believe the Camera video output is MASTER and sent to MOTU 2408. Then MTC is sent to the DM3200 and that syncs the DAW. And next how to sync the control of the HD24 which I have been reading is quite a pain???

Last edited:
Jamsire Thanks for the feedback. Back to the picture, let me ask this question so I understand what's going on... The midi input and output 3 is for the USB to sync The transport control? And therefore the IF-FW # 1 input and output syncs the audio going in and out the firewire?

No. The IF-FW in that window is strictly for MIDI data ONLY. The IF-FW in the ASIO/ Audio selection is for audio.

K got it I'm gonna go look at that right now... yes indeed I see now

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.