Suddenly "Invalid Card" on DR-40

rxmnt

Gear owned
DR-40
Hi,

I've got a 64gb San Disk Ultra card that i've been using for years with my DR-40. Yesterday, after transfering files to my pc, I inserted the card back into the DR-40 and was greeted by "Invalid Card - Change Card". At first I tried to remove and insert it a couple of times, always with the same result. Then I thought it could be one of those "not removed correctly" problems, so I inserted the card back into my pc, and sure enough, it reported that "something is wrong" with the card, and that it needed repair.

I just followed the repair dialog, and after that, Windows was able to read the card again. It even had all the folders and files on it, so I was confident that my DR-40 would accept it - but it didn't. Same screen, invalid card. As a measure of last resort, I formatted the card on my pc (to exFAT).

Still no luck, the recorder won't accept the card, no matter what I try, but it works fine on Windows. Does anyone have any tips what else I could try? Do I somehow have to 'initialize' the card on my pc so that the recorder will be able to use it?

Thanks!

Yes I would say try using the DR-40 function to Initialize. If you look through the threads about a week back there was a similar issue with a similar solution.
Any devices I have from action cams, H1 and up I let the device format the card. It's the foremost thing that knows what it wants to see. BTW - exFAT is usually no bueno - FAT only.

seeing as it's a clean card now, I would just buy a new one.

If you can't get past the card being not acceptable, you should format the card in the PC to FAT only, not exFAT.

Hi, l had the same problem, some years ago.
With my HD-P2, which uses CF media cards.
I also found that all but one of my spare CF cards, would now work.
They where all correctly formatted.
I decided to change to SD media, which was the newest, at the time.
I acquired off Ebay.
A CF Card Adapter, which takes Micro SD cards.
And it is still working correctly today.

Jeffoldbean.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.