gshuck123

From
Bolton UK
Gear owned
2xTascam sx-1
Hi all
can anybody answer a question

I have 2 sx-1 's one which I have upgraded to ver 1.52 from 1.0
my other sx-1 is also running on ver 1.0 but when trying to upgrade to 1.52 disc its says hardware not compatable
The question I have is what hardware do I need to change

Can anybody help please

Graham

Graham,

Are both of your machines the same model? It sounds like your OS 1.52 upgrade CD is the correct one for one of your two machines. See the chart I have attached of the different models of the SX-1 Series. I have also attached a screen shot of the "Status Tab" from one of my two SX-1 LE Plus machines after booting from an OS 1.52 CD and selection "Diagnostics". On this screen you can see which cards are installed in your SX-1 machines. The one that will not install the 1.52 OS might be the same model of SX-1 and not have all of the cards present or if present not fully seated OR you have two different models of the SX-1. Run the Diagnostic from the CD SX-1 SeriesChart.jpg
Cards Present.jpg
on the updated machine and then compare the card info from the diagnostic on the other machine.

Graham,

Just so you won;t be confused, I forgot to mention that the screenshot I posted shows a SCSI card present on one of my SX-1 LE Plus machines - that was added and is not included on the LE Plus machines as shipped by Tascam and as you can see in the model chart that I also posted.

Graham,

Found a post on the old forum (not active but available online for reference) that might shed some more light on your issue. This post is by "RedBus", the handle that is used by Tom Duffy - guy who was on the SX-1 team at Tascam. Hope some of this info helps you solve your problem:

RedBus.jpg

ok thanks
will run cd on both and compare
and also read up on that post
Cheers Graham

New threads

Members online

No members online now.