Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Good day all.

I was mucking around with the routing yesterday evening when suddenly this message pops up:

System Error: 00-0001FFCE-0084
656D2E63
00000A00
Please Note For Reference

I may have been modifying the settings in the Buss section. All the indicator lights on the console went out and the unit froze. Power off / Power on was all I could do.

Sounds scary! And I must say I can't recall other reports like this. Let's hope it's just a one-time glitch, or as we say at work when it's digital: a crooked bit..

@Arjan P Hasn't happened before nor has it happened since. Fingers crossed. I'm just wondering if it had anything to do with me assigning and re-assigning elements in the routing section. I will definitely be on the lookout for future anomalies. Or not!

Hi Peter,

I’m wondering how this issue resolved or if it ever happened again. I just had the same error message on my board.

Well, it's been almost three years and it happened again. I guess that once every few years is nothing to fret about. Except it still bothers the hell out of me :mad:

http://postimg.cc/6ybmNCC9

A while ago I had this error and a whole host of other errors randomly popping up every day. I opened it up, re-seated all the connectors on the mainboard, and haven't had a problem since. :) I'd try that first. also try hitting the area below the faders (yes, hit the area below the faders) and see if that triggers the error. If it does then it's probably an issue with a loose connector or a grounding issue.

Let us know any updates, good luck!

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hello @Nick C So nice of you to offer up your insights. Unfortunately, opening up the DM at this point will not be feasible. Not to mention how it is going to be a Royal pain in the A%$%#

I can't say for sure and this is merely me grasping at straws but my gut feeling tells me that it may have something to do with the communication between the DM / CB Pro / and my PC. Especially when in the remote layer. And now that I think of it I did have a good number of tracks loaded that came from elsewhere. Really old. Like 16bit old. I will definitely keep an eye it. Just wondering if the slightest file corruption may have been the culprit. Ahh yes the wonderful world of bits and bytes. Have yourself a safe and wonderful day / night.

New threads

Members online