Tables/Support for mixer desks?

Mark Nicholson

From
San Diego, CA
Gear owned
Model 12
Hi,

I am buying a Model 12 and am running out of table space to put it on. It's for a home studio. Are there any good tables/mounts/whatever you recommend for putting the unit on? Ideally it would be fairly mobile.

- Mark

Mark, keep in mind that when using a stand like that you can end up with a cabling nightmare. You have to get cables in and out of the thing and you would end up having to use spiral wrap and make a semi-permanent umbilical cord for it. Personally I find it better to use a table and drill holes for cable pass-throughs with grommets.

Good point. In fact, a really good tidy-up was what I needed. This is what I have now:
jQpt8hY.jpg

Headphone 1 output goes the the Aux In on the Yamaha THR-10, which gives an awesome sound and leaves the THR as a quick'n'dirty guitar amp whenever I need it.

Nice tidy wiring brings all the inputs in:
zsT1m1V.jpg

Some Velcro stuck my Trio+ and BeatBuddy on top of my main guitar amp, a Boss Katana. I can access the controls when sitting down and have footswitches for when standing up.
wVHiI3J.jpg

Trio+ has guitar in, amp out, bass and drums out to mixer:
cvozzgQ.jpg

The overall system is pretty near perfect, with tidy cable runs and no noise. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

- Mark

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online