Tascam 16x08 2.12 new Mixing Drivers / Windows 10 Not working

Scarlettlol

Gear owned
16x08
I was so excited to see new drivers available for download. I tought maybe this time they would fix the issue
of not being able to use the interface simultaneously with a DAW (in my case Reaper) and Youtube, or VCLAN player, or whatever other app that plays audio. Lol.

But they didn't. Sad face.

I see nothing new except a Mixing driver within Windows.

Official site (https://tascam.com/us/product/us-16x08/download) reads:

"Latest version info
Settings Panel for Windows V2.12"

We already had Settings Panel for Windows. I don´t see anything new.
It just now reads Software Version: 2.120053

That's the only change I see.

Within Reaper, that Asio Mixing Driver worked for 2 seconds. But never gave me the ability to use 2 apps at the same time.

I've got the 1809 update.

Honest to god this thing is very disappointing, because we as composers or audio whatever Tascam users I bet are multitaskers and we don't just stay using our DAW, we'd like to use our PC (maybe only one) to do different tasks, every if it's just for entertainment.

This was never an issue with any interface, at least on Windows 7.

Sigh. Too bad.

I hope one of these years this gets fixed. (I know it might be a Win 10 issue).

Cheers.

Same here although I think the problem is with Windows10. My laptop with an older version of Windows10 works fine. With the current version, I'm not getting any sound using the ASIO driver. Windows Directsound, MME and WDM seem to work. Really frustrating.

I did a Windows 10 reset (literally, and I didn't know we could do this). Finally at least Reaper and other DAWS see properly my interface (it was acting buggy it just crashed). Yes, I think Windows 10 is the culprit and that's why I never wanted to abandon win 7... you would think after a zillion years and having an already great OS (win 7) Microsoft would know better by now... to me Windows 10 is garbage but I am stuck with it... And Tascam is so criptic with their update no explanation... is tiresome feeling having to fight for something should be a given (stuff actually working) ... Cheers...

Actually its not windows 10 garabage - its tascam us 16x08 garbage.
They updated drivers which work unstable again and they didnt updated the firmware since...2016!
Total junk company. They can put this piece of shit into their asses.

Tascam just released another new driver/settings panel (v3.0):

"Settings Panel V3.00 for Windows
  • The Basic driver (US-16x08 ASIO, US-16x08) and the Mixing driver (US-16x08 Mixing Driver, US-16x08 Mixer) have been unified into one driver."

I ran a few apps along with my DAW without any hiccups. That's a first for me with this interface. It's the most stable I've seen it so far. :)

and how is latency??? does it still drifts????

I've never had a problem with latency drift. I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab at 48kHz and the buffer set at 64 samples. I get 8.9ms round trip latency with all four stereo outputs enabled. I'm not even using SSD's, still have old school HDD's, lol. The only time I have latency issues is when I make major changes to heavy plugins like SD3 or anything with a lot of outs. Toggling the PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation) button always fixes the problem for me. So far this driver has been solid for me, but I've had nothing but headaches with this interface in the past.

The new settings panel V 3.0 does not work with my Samplitude Pro X3 program. Had to uninstall V 3.0 and reinstall V2.12. Tascam needs to do a better job of quality control before rolling out new updates.

I've just solved a severe midi keyboard latency drift problem on my Cakewalk and TASCAM US-16x08 DAW setup--latency would start out unnoticeable and extend to 10s of seconds over time. Fortunately, I ran across the very recent Cakewalk post:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/13427-solved-latency-continually-getting-longer/

I described in text exactly what I did at the SoS forum and have reproduced it here with screen captures:

https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=63623&start=15

It was very frustrating and I was flailing for days. With the exception of the former post, no one was hitting on this problem/solution. My situation had to do with the multiprocessing setting in Cakewalk--the default setting was too high (too aggressive).

To see if your latency problem is like mine, in Cakewalk press "P" and go to the following Playback and Recording menu and de-select the Use Multiprocessing Engine option. Then check to see if your latency issue has gone away. If so, then you are in luck and should proceed. Re-select the Use Multiprocessing Engine and move on to the next menu...

Cakewalk Playback and Recording.jpg

...which is the Configuration File menu. Scroll to the bottom and look for the ThreadSchedulingModel value. If it is a 3, as mine was, then change it to a 2. According to the first link, above, it has something to do with the aggressiveness of the use of multiprocessing, with 2 being less aggressive. If your default is 2, then try 1.

Bottom of Confguration File.jpg

This fixed my problem. I hope it fixes yours. Best of luck!

Thaley

Attachments

• Cakewalk Playback and Recording.jpg
    Cakewalk Playback and Recording.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1

New threads

Members online

No members online now.