Tascam 788 firmware upgrade

mastifal

Gear owned
Hi I´m new here, I need help. I can´t find to download the firmware 2.02 for tascam 788.
Can anybody help me?
thanks a lot.

Have you had any luck finding the firmware? I have version 2.0 on my new to me 788. I also have a CDRW788. All I need is the file.

FYI, I just uploaded manuals and other documentation if you need them.

i just got my 788 today...but i dont have the brief guide...to open the demo song...any help?...I am new to digital recording so I am really lost here...

Hello guys

I have just got a 788 ver. 11.10, and like everyone else toured the net for the upgrade.

Could someone be kind and send me the files please? my email is

jhilal at yahoo

May thanks in advance.

Jamal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee Vincent
I have responded to you via PM. Upgrade information sent.

Reactions: Wazmonaz
Very big thank you blckjck

I have ver 2.02 onboard now

So grateful I am

Jamal

Hello everybody,

I have a 788 ver. 1.02, is it possible to upgrade the firmware (via CD-R) or not?

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

Hello deejaynick, unfortunately, versions earlier than 1.07 requires replacing an EEPROM.

Yes, Blckjck... but in the download section of the Tascam's site, there is a CD-ROM file of the EEPROM (firmware 1.05 and 1.10)...

I agree that there are CD images for upgrading. The issue is the size of the EEPROM chip. Chips before version 1.07 cannot fit the newer 2.02 version. There are only two stable versions, 1.10 and 2.02. Here is a link with a bit of information.
http://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/tas788.htm

Reactions: deejaynick
Is there still anyone who can give me the 2.02 update via pm?
I have the version 1.10. Thanks.

Rick, this isn't one of my regular forums. Are your still looking for an upgrade? Drop me a PM in case I miss it on here.

Hello deejaynick, unfortunately, versions earlier than 1.07 requires replacing an EEPROM.
Hello, i am new here, don't know, if i am right here to write you.
I have a tascam 788 with firmware 1.10. and need to update to the 2.02 Version.
Can you help me ? I can not find the firmware anywhere. That would be wonderfull and i would be so lucky to run the 2.02 Version.
But do i need the special CD writer for update my 788 or can i do that without a CD writer and if, how?
Thanks a lot for any help.
And what does it mean if you say drop ma a PM ?

Last edited:
Hello, i am new here, don't know, if i am right here to write you.
I have a tascam 788 with firmware 1.10. and need to update to the 2.02 Version.
Can you help me ? I can not find the firmware anywhere. That would be wonderfull and i would be so lucky to run the 2.02 Version.
But do i need the special CD writer for update my 788 or can i do that without a CD writer and if, how?
Thanks a lot for any help.
And what does it mean if you say drop ma a PM ?

I have sent you a PM.
I'm sorry it took so long to see this. This forum is not one of my regulars. Posting here and then sending me a PM is your best option to get ahold of me.

Reactions: Danny Stalwart

New threads

Members online