Tascam ATR-80 Owners:

From
70000 / Colonia del Sacramento / Colonia / Uruguay
Website
www.elgarageanalogico.com
Gear owned
Analog more than digital
With a little help I can design and write
an ATR's control program that you can enjoy for free ...

Do you remember/know the ATR's CFs?
In page 5-3 of the ATR-80 Operation/Maintenance manual, you can read: "6.Comunications Port... This port is for use with the optional dual-standard (RS-232C/422A) Serial Interface unit, which can be used with a external computer. The port will be fitted on the ATR-80 only when so ordered." ... ( I think this refers to the interfase connector.)
Later, in page 6-1, before a CF-81 image, states: "2. CF-81 Serial Interface Unit ... The CF-81 is an RS-232C/RS-422A serial data port for linking the ATR-80 to an external computer. For technical information about the CF-81, ask TASCAM or local TASCAM dealer."
The Video Sync Card CF-82 has not mention ... and from CF-81 jumps to CF-83.

CF-81%20in%20ATR's%20Manual%20page%206-1.jpg

The other ATR-80's CFs that I know, were offered in brochures but not in the Operation/Maintenance manual.(CF-82: Sync card permits sync lock with video, AC or film ... CF-83: Input/Output transformer kit.)

ATR'CFs in the First ATR brochure.jpg

Well ... When in 1987, choosing the ATR-80, I chose the TASCAM top analog over the first TASCAM digital reel to reel (the DA-800), the old Teac designers and workers (the 3340SS and 80-8 builders!) were going to retire... then, Tascam never designed the control program... People lost the interest for the CF-81 ... and the CF-81 ideas, protocols, codes and projects were lost too.

Today the CF-81 dont' appears in Internet, and surely only exists in ours ATR Manuals ... but viewing the ATR-80 in the "ready for CLASP" list, the CF-81 comes back to my mind...
Anything information about the CF-81 serves my purpose ...
the best are schematics, diagrams ... or/and a broken unit.
Thanks for reading this ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Diego martinez
Hi There,

When i switch on our ATR-80 a beeping alarm sounds that doesn't stop.
Was told to replace the battery in CTL-A card but that didn't work.
Also have been advised it could be a sensor or a fan....?
After waiting for an hour or so switched it back on and the sound had stopped though gradually after 30 minutes the sound started coming back. First crackly and muffled until eventually it was as clear as it had been when it began.
Has anyone had this issue? Any help much appreciated.

Hello friends of tascam forums. I have a big problem. Im have a ATR 80 but without remote control unit. RC - 824 . Im searching during months in all internet, ebay, mercado libre, etc.
Some friend have any place to buy this cable?

Hola, que tal. Solamente me falta el cable que conecta la atr 80 con el control remoto rc 824

Gracias

Anyone know the dimensions to the ATR-80? Picking one up Saturday need to know just how big it is so I bring right vehicle Thanks

New threads

Members online

No members online now.