TASCAM DM-3200 AND PRO TOOLS 10 MAIN OUPUT ISSUE

madehumble

Gear owned
Tascam DM3200
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum as an owner of a brand new Tascam DM-3200. I followed the steps at this link:http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/set-tascam-dm3200-iffwdmmkii-up-for-pt9-higher/ for setting up my Tascam DM 3200 with ProTools. Those are pretty good instructions and everything works fine except for several things. The main issue right now is, say for example, I have a stereo signal inputting on my TASCAM DM-3200's M/L 15-16 inputs and I create a track in ProTools and for example I put the input for that track on input 15-16 and put the output of that track on output 1-2 and enable record on that track. I can see the signal coming thru the input on that channel by watching the meters on that track in ProTools and I can also see the input on my MU-1000 meter bridge but the problem is I cannot hear anything thru my studio monitors or I don't see the signal coming thru my master fader in ProTools. But when I change the track output to output 3-4 in Pro tools, I can hear it in my studio monitor and see the signal on my meter bridge coming through input 19-20. The crazy thing is, once I record the signal into ProTools I can put the track output back to output 1-2 and I can hear it in my monitors. What I want to do is when recording enabling a track I want to use my output 1-2 to monitor the incoming M/L signal from the DM-3200. In my Tascam DM-3200, I have my Slot 1 and 2 assign to input 17-18, just in case you need that info. I think this has something to do with protools low -latency mode, which I enable, but since the Tascam DM-3200 does not have it's own mixier program like Apogee Maestro for example. What am I doing wrong?????? Thanks in advance.

Hello. And welcome to the wild world of DM & Protools.

I think you problem is an easy one: Your DM channels (faders) you're monitoring BACK from Protools have to be ASSIGNED to the DM3200 STEREO BUS.

You'll see a button on the upper left hand side of the mixer - 'STEREO' - next to all those BUS buttons. SELect your channel faders, then PUSH that STEREO BUS button. You would do this for each and every channel you wish to MONITOR in the STEREO mix.

Hope this gets you past this first problem, and ready for the next one. :)

CaptDan

I hope this not only helps, but

captdan said:
Hello. And welcome to the wild world of DM & Protools.

I think you problem is an easy one: Your DM channels (faders) you're monitoring BACK from Protools have to be ASSIGNED to the DM3200 STEREO BUS.

You'll see a button on the upper left hand side of the mixer - 'STEREO' - next to all those BUS buttons. SELect your channel faders, then PUSH that STEREO BUS button. You would do this for each and every channel you wish to MONITOR in the STEREO mix.

Hope this gets you past this first problem, and ready for the next one. :)

CaptDan

I hope this not only helps, but

CaptDan, you are the man and I had figured it out, about 30minutes ago. But your response confirms I was on the right path. Thanks a million.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.