Tascam DM-3200 Internal ADAT

Guitarbin

Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
I hooked up an external mic pre AD/DA converter (behringer ADA8000) into the Tascam DM-3200's ADAT in and out. I also added the inputs in the tascam. Signal is showing in the meter/display screen, it is coming in starting at channel 33-40. My question is am I able to see these 8 ADAT inputs/outputs in my protools 10 so that I can assign them. All I see in protools is 32 ins and outs with my tascam soundcard MKII.

Cheers!

No matter what you do add or subtract inputs to the console, you will never get more than 32 channels of I/O through the FireWire card. This is the limit of the card's capability. All digital audio interfaces have a limited number of channels, and 32 is the number on this one.

So the internal ADAT can only be used if yoiu don't have any firewire card correct?

Guitarbin said:
So the internal ADAT can only be used if yoiu don't have any firewire card correct?
Incorrect. You can use internal ADAT, but it doesn't add more channels to FW card. There still are "only" 32 channels there.

If you want to get signal from internal ADAT into ProTools, you have to route ADAT into FW card.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.