Tascam dp 32 - help

GN13

Gear owned
tascam DP-32
Hi !! My name is Guillaume, I'm french ( Paris ). I don't really know where to post this topic because I don't see any section dedicated to the tascam DP-32... so, I hope this is the right place in the forum. so, I'm the new owner of a Tascam DP-32 , but I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP !!!! I don't understand how to use the tracks 10-12-14 up to 32... I mean, is it a REAL 32 DIFFERENT tracks recorders or a 20 tracks recorders ? Because no matters if I choose mono or stereo, I have no possiblity at all to ( for instance ) copy/paste the track 1 to the track 10... only the 9 ( mono, and in this case, I have no option to do anything with track 10 ) or stereo ( but in this case, I lose one track, because I only want to copy it on track 9 and keep the 10 free for something else )... PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP !!!! THANKS !!!
here's my message in french:
Bonjour à tous !!!
j'ai besoin de votre aide !!! Je viens d'acquérir ( j'étais avant l'heureux possesseur d'un korg D3200 ) un Tascam DP-32, et j'ai bien peur d'être face à un giganteque souci... je pensais que l'appareil était à l'image du korg un "vrai" 32 pistes... comprendre par là qu'on peut mixer 32 pistes DIFFERENTES... or, je ne comprends pas du tout ( et pourtant, j'ai parcouru le manuel en long en large et en travers ) leur principe des pistes mono/stereo 9-32... bon, en gros, j'ai très peur que malheureusement, on ne puisse avoir que 20 pistes différentes sur cet appareil, car personnellement, que je règle les pistes en mono ou en stéréo, je n'ai jamais accès aux pistes pairs 10, 12, 14, etc... comment puis-je faire pour copier par exemple la piste 1 vers la piste 10 ??? si je prends l'option mono, on me propose de la coller en direction de la 9, mais la 10 reste désespérément vide ( introuvable ) et si je prends la stéréo, on me propose de la copier en 9/10, mais dans ce cas là, je perds donc 1 piste car je ne souhaiterais la copier que sur la 9, et garder la 10 pour autre chose.. bon, en gros, cet appareil est il un "vrai" 32 pistes ou un 20 pistes avec stéréo ??? SVP J'AI VRAIMENT BESOIN D'AIDE MERCI !!!

PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP
I don't understand AT ALL this thing between mono and stereo between the tracks 9 and 32... and I REALLY need to work with 32 REAL tracks this week-end... and it looks like I can only use 20 tracks, the 12 others are linked ( no matters if I choose mono or stereo )
I'm so lost
PLEASE HELP ME !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Did no one reply? Can you simply bounce the tracks over?

You can bounce tracks, which should free-up extra tracks, if I understand it correctly. To be truthful, I know very little about bouncing, and have questions on that subject myself. Best of luck, my friend. It’s an exciting & interesting journey!

You can record stereo to tracks above 8. That's what I use them for.
You can also bounce to those tracks.

To record stereo ...
In the assign screen you can see those tracks at the bottom of the screen.
Use the arrows to select the track(s) and then just the jog wheel to select the input to assign.
A/A, A/B, B/B, B/C etc....
See page 41

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/775/e_dp-32_om_va.pdf

there's a section in there about bouncing also.
Page 50

New threads

Members online