Tascam Model 16 Audio Interface with D.A.W

Giovanni Felix

Gear owned
Tascam Model 16
I can not seem to figure out how to configure the tascam to receive audio from my computer or to get audio into my d.a.w./ computer. I get usb fs mismatch on the tascam itself. I dont know if its a hardware issue or software. I use ableton and windows.

Welcome.
You've created your thread in the forum dedicated to
US-428, US-224, US-122, and US-144 USB Audio/MIDI Computer Interface & Control Surface; and the US-2400 DAW fader controller PC audio interface.

You're much more likely to find a resolution to your issue if you go to the Model 24/16/12 forum (blue link in the following paragraph).

Since I don't own one of these units, all I can say is go to the sticky threads in the shaded area at the top of the first page of the Model 24/16/12 forum, where you'll find a number of instructional videos on interfacing with a DAW.

There's also discussion of Model 24/16/12 USB interface in the "Tips & Tricks" sticky thread.

The first post in each sticky thread has an index. We created the sticky threads specifically to help guide first time users and new members, so we hope you'll take advantage of them often.:)

If you don't find the answer in the stickies, the "New Members" sticky thread in the Model 24/16/12 forum tells how you can search the forum for answers to common questions such as yours that may have been asked and answered in a prior thread of the Model 24/16/12 forum.

If you're still stuck after that, then start a thread in that forum telling us what you've tried, where you're stuck, and we'll try to get you unstuck.

Last edited:
Hi Giovanni!

"USB FS-mismatch" occurs when you have different sampling rate on your Model 16 and your DAW or in Windows itself. For example you have to have 24/44.1 OR 24/48 set in both instances. On the model 16 you can create a new song with the right sample rate... and then choose the same sample rate in your DAW's Audio Setup.

From the manual page 60:

"USB Fs mismatch:The sampling rate of the current song and the USB audio interface are not the same.Change the sampling rate of one so that they are the same."

Nightmare, I had the same issue after downgrading my MacOS and then TimeMachining it. Solution for me was in mac, Finder --> Go --> Utilities --> Audio Midi Setup, then I changed to 44 (it was on 48 after I did the MacOS revert).

My instinct was to go to System Prefs --> Sound, but nothing here to change the sample rate. And 99% of Googling this issue came up with zero helpful info. So I lost an hour. But learned a little. =)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.