Tascam model 24 as an audio interface problems

MrFeenix

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Hello, For the last week the guys from Andertons and myself have been trying to work out what my problem is with my Model 24. As an audio interface with my DAW (Ableton) it works fine and can quite easily record 10 tracks simultaneously and playback without any artifacts or dropouts . There are no freezes or problems with the functionality of Ableton. So as a multitrack to DAW its fine. When however i try to play an MP3 with just Windows Media Player or try to watch BBC Iplayer the audio drops out , i get artifacts tinny noises and eventual freezing. This stops happening if i run Ableton in the background which to me is very strange behaviour . Last night i tried to use Izotope Ozone 8 to Master a track and it completely froze and the audio stopped almost right away. I tried the same by running Ableton in the background but then everything froze and i had to task manage to close everything down. Firmware is 1.60 88 xxx and Mixer is 1.20 . I've just done a Windows repair to see if that helped but no change (maybe a little longer audio before stopping) . If i run Ozone without Model 24 it works fine same as everything else just the onboard soundcard. I have a Tascam US1800 which works fine if i use that. I also have an old Tascam US-122L and that works fine. All setting on windows are the same as the Tascam as should be. i have 16GB RAM and a 2.20 Ghz base CPU . Any Ideas????

Yes we know that ,which is why its so strange that it helps. I've never known by having a DAW running in the background to help . This is why i've posted. The guys at Andertons can't understand it either. My laptop is set up for audio like i keep repeating i've been doing this for a long time I generally don't post on any forums because i have the knowledge to solve issues myself but this does not make any sense to me. The problem with Ozone too is strange that it does not work at all when using the Model 24 as an Audio Device, it literally freezes my laptop if i set it to either default audio or the Model 24 (Default when using it) It makes no difference if i reboot or not. Yet if i use any other device internal or external It works flawlessly. As i listed above the pervious Tascams work without any problems which is why i bought this rather than a Behringer (plus this has internal recording). I'm stumped

New threads

Members online