The Beatles Revolver remix

BazzBass

Soundaholic
From
Down Under
Gear owned
DP32SD, 2488, DR40
I received the remixed 2CD Beatles Revolver set.

Stunning.

The 2nd cd has early workings and is so great that I'm going to have to buy the 5cd deluxe set

Even Yellow Submarine is listenable lol

anyone else got it?

It's my favourite album of theirs, with Revolver, I consider them a double album.

The Beatles are a marvel for the ages.
They recorded over 50 years ago; on gear that by today's standards is utterly archaic; using techniques that - at the time - were considered revolutionary (but can be done today by a 10-year-old using an iPad).
And yet it remains - and possibly always will - the most groundbreaking music in existence. There are more recorded cover versions of "Yesterday"(something like 1600!!!) than any other song in the HISTORY of songs.
A lot of that has to do with John/Paul's (and eventually George's) incomparable songwriting; the ingenious imaginations/abilities of all involved, including George Martin; and the sheer talent of the players.
But the fact that music (and the technology around it) has evolved by light-years' worth, and yet there is STILL nothing that can match the Beatles' significance in music history, is nothing short of gob-smacking incredible. Desert-island music, fer sher.
How lucky am I to have been alive when they were around, and for all the years since, to enjoy them!!!:cool:

So, success is not determined by your plugin library? :D

One evening I went into the studio to do a job. The chief engineer was holding something in his hand and he asked me if I knew what it was. It was a green faceplate Altec Lansing tube mixer with rotary faders, so I said so. He said "Wrong, this is the mixer I used to mix the Beatles show at Wonderland Park in Revere Mass in 1964." Yes, I touched it, lol

I got it for Christmas.
It's so amazing to listen to it and hear things more clearly or even things I never heard before like in TNK.
Just a fantastic technical feat.

Reactions: ButchA and BazzBass
I loved the extra cd with early workings so much that I upgraded to the 5cd set. John's demo of She Said She Said is the one I'm looking forward to, about to play it now.....

Reactions: ButchA
I've always heard the phrase, "there's The Beatles, and there's everybody else". It's no argument why The Fab Four always appear at #1 in this category, #1 in that category... Duh!

Reactions: BazzBass and shredd
I've always heard the phrase, "there's The Beatles, and there's everybody else"
Maybe THAT's where I got my "signature line" from?!?:rolleyes:
No secret that I'm a blathering, chin-drooling RUSH fanboi...

Reactions: ButchA and BazzBass
I'm actually in Hamburg now and visited the site they played at in 1960 (Grosse Freiheit street). The current place, still - or again - a live music venue, makes it no secret this was the location.. And probably does well by it!

No sign of Rush though - sorry @shredd ;)

Reactions: -mjk- and shredd
I'm actually in Hamburg now and visited the site they played at in 1960 (Grosse Freiheit street).
How KEWL is that. Yes, that you're in Hamburg (Munich is one of my favorite Euro cities) - but that you got to visit the old Beatles haunt. What a cultural touchstone.
No sign of Rush though - sorry @shredd
Yeah, I don't imagine they were big in Hamburg (though they did have a respectable Euro fanbase, England in particular)...
Now, go to Cleveland (where RUSH first broke in the US in 1974) and the place is just filthy with everything about the band, including more drooling fanboi's (and even some fangurlz) than you can shake a mic stand at!!!:geek:

Reactions: Arjan P
@shredd I guess I should have told you long ago that I used to know Donna Halper, the woman who discovered Rush and got them signed. I haven't seen her for decades though, so I can't ask her to take a listen to your stuff now. Sorry man.

Reactions: BazzBass
I guess I should have told you long ago that I used to know Donna Halper, the woman who discovered Rush and got them signed. I haven't seen her for decades though, so I can't ask her to take a listen to your stuff now. Sorry man.
Oh…that’s just G-NARLY. Donna is a legendary figure amongst the RUSH hardcores…
I once traded email with her - thanking her (like millions of others have!) for her part in exposing the US to them. She was (as you probably know) tremendously humble, and dismissive of the colossal impact her actions had!
But I don’t imagine my stuff would impress her much - even if she was still in a musically influential position in life!!!
So if you bump into her at Starbucks, say hi for me!:rolleyes:

Reactions: BazzBass and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.