US 16x08

Shawn Brady

just got this. Using an MXL v67 mic going into Mac OS10.14.6. Cubase 10.

1. there is distortion in the headphones and I am not sending super loud signal, and the headphone volume is not even 100%.

2. the input sounds very distorted when just speaking normally. The meters in Cubase 10 are at 60% MAX.

How can there be low and distorted signal. Not happy. My work has a Focusrite 2i4 and there is tons of gain, headphone volume and NO distortion. what gives.

What were you using before?

I haven't had any issues pushing my ATH M70x s with my US1608 and I also have a focusrite scarlett 2i2 for travel. I haven't ever noticed a difference. I'm using Windows 10 with Ableton Live 10.1, so maybe it's something to do with your software setup or it's just a problem with the headphone driver in your unit.

I've also experienced this. It was also crossing over the left and right signals leaving that end of the hall sound. Mine fixed itself when I tugged a little on the headphone plug (the part that goes into the headphone jack). Have you tried jiggling the cord a little in the jack?

I did have the same problem. I unplug the power supply for half an hour and the sound came back normal, no more distortion.

Eti Lau......I returned the TASCAM and bought the Behringer. I have a Focusrite 2i4 at work. The Behringer sounds exactly the same as the 2i4. Plus my work got me a $100 off the Behringer so it was $197 for the UMC1820. Love it. Weird problem with the TASCAM, didn't want to deal with that.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.