Us 2x2 and 4x4

Roelieboelie

Gear owned
2 x us2x2
Hello for 2 years I have a US 2x2 last December I bought a seccond divice. When I install the driver and setting panel I only see one divice.
It's used for radio software so I look in the usb divices for the tascam us 2x2. Is this normal? My old soundcarts (marian pci) showed every time you plug in an extra cart in the settings panel. What is the Wright way to install more tascam carts? There are 2 us 2x2 and tomorrow there is an extra us 4x4.
As far as I know the all use the same driver. Just install the software and plug in the USB cable then the next cable (divice 2) and the last (divice 3)
Thanks in advance

Henk

The US-2x2 & US-4x4 don't use multi-device drivers, so Windows can't differentiate two identical Tascam interfaces. That's the case with a lot of USB ASIO interfaces. I'm not sure if a combination of the 2x2 and 4x4 would work .

Sinds Friday I have the US 4x4 same problem when connecting the 2x2 you only see the 4x4 in the setting panel. All I need is 4 stereo outputs. Can't I just install the tascam driver because when connecting 2 us 2x2 you see 2 stereo output but after some time the interface quits (I think it is because it loads Microsoft drivers instead of tascam) and the New 4x4 shows only output 1/2 and not 3/4. And in the setting panel 1/2 and 3/4 (the 4x4 load a tascam driver). Here on the forum is a work around go to audio settings and switch from 2 input to 4 input but when I go to the output it's greyd out and nothing to change the 4x4 is replaced for a broken behringer 404 because I wanted higher quality but so far the behringer needed no drivers just plug in and go.

Unfortunately, I really don't think it's possible to use multiple Tascam interfaces. You'll probably have to uninstall the Tascam settings panel/drivers & clean up any leftover driver files in Windows and then only re-install one of the interfaces. Hopefully that will fix the grayed out options with the US-4x4. As far as getting more stereo outputs, you'd most likely have to use something like the US-16x08, which has 8 ouputs (4 stereo outs). Maybe contact Tascam support to confirm everything. Definitely feel free to request multi-device support from them as well. The more of us that pressure them to improve, the better. It would be nice if they added that functionality for sure.

Reactions: Roelieboelie
The 4x4 is new so I can send it back to the store. And buy the 16x8. The 16x8 and the 2x2 use different drivers would that go together? The outher 2x2 I can use on a different computer.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try using them together, but I doubt it'll work. I've owned a couple Tascam interfaces over the years, and to be honest, they never seem to get along with ANY other ASIO devices on the same system at all. Good luck though.

Because whe had some free time (Easter holiday) I spent some time in the studio. The 4x4 has (mine) only 1 output in the setting box there are 2 choices channel 1/2 where you can choose monitor mix 1/2 and 3/4. I begun with output channel 1/2 and then in the setting panel 1/2 this works. And then output 3/4 setting panel 3/4 no sound but when I choose mix editor or 1/2 I get the same as channel 1/2 but on the output of 3/4 after several hours it's back in the box and this one goes back to the store. When I bought the second us 2x2 I thought the first 2 months it worked fine so what was different? The driver was the 2.14. I uninstall the driver and in win 32 the driver left over. Install the 2.14 driver plug in the us 2x2 and the second and it works. In windows sound divices there's 2-us 2x2 and 3-2x2

Received an email from tascam Germany and the confirmed what you already told no you can't use multiple us devices from tascam on one computer.
Saturday I am going to change the 4x4 for an 16x8.

At least now you know for sure.

I don't know what your budget is, but Tascam has a couple models newer than the US-16x08. The Celesonic US-2020 has 10 outs, and the Series 208i is the newest with 8 outs.

At the moment there is no budget.
The store where I bought the stuff told me you can use a 4x4 and 2 2x2. So first I want to hear from them how the want to solve this.
From the he money that the 3 divices cost you can buy the US 2020 and the gave the wrong information. But thanks for your help whiteout you I never figured out the this doesn't work and I've never wrote to tascam.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.