US16-08 mixer controls

Lyrebird

Gear owned
US 16-08
High all. I am new to these fora and to the US16-08 but have used Tascam 4 track gear in the old days and an early form of Cool Edit Pro on an old Win 98 machine to record 8 tracks simultaneously. I have a 16-08 on order and have been looking at the software while i wait. Have to say I’m a bit disappointed with it. The mixer screen is very small on my new laptop ( Acer nitro 5 with i7 chip) but even when I output it to another larger screen the real issue remains. Maybe it’s just my problem but the rotary knobs for the EQ and Compression seem very hard to set. They either don’t move or move unpredictability. Sometimes they move in the opposite direction to that which is intended. Please tell me the magic trick to controlling them properly.

Well my daughters boyfriend found the solution to the rotary knob problem. There knobs are adjusted, not by a circular motion but by a vertical linear stroke. Simple enough but you have to wonder why the Tascam engineers chose to build the GUI that way. Why have a thing which appears to be rotary knob but is controlled by a linear movement when fader type controls could be just as easily implemented. It seems that this is a convention since some of the controls in Riffstation turn out to work the same way. Ah well such is life.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.