Use 388 mixer with 38 recorder

Streetsweeper

Gear owned
Tascam 388 and 38
Hi, i have a Tascam 388 that won't record anything but everything else works. so i want to use a Tascam 38 instead with the 388 mixer. How do i hook it up? Anybody with any experience on this?

Hmmm, Ive never had or played around with the 388 but I've owned 38's and love em.
Do you have direct outs on the 388? Inserts? Buss outs like 8 buss outputs?
Any one of those could be used. I'll take a look at the 388 later and revisit this thread see if we can come up with something. I've known ppl with 388's they swear by them, be nice if you could get it fixed.

just took fast look at the manual. the whole thing looks like it'd be a pita not worth the effort. I think you'd be better off finding a nice board you like that can handle your needs. imho

I solved the problem, pgm outs on the 388 to inputs on the 38, outputs from the 38 to line in on the 388 works just fine.

The way it looked in manual the pgm outs were hard wired internally had no photos. Glad you got it worked out, I've heard and read good things about the 388 and the 38 is a nice machine setup good. Probably gonna sound really nice :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.