User Videos - Add Your Instructional Videos Here

Hi everyone out there in the Tascam universe!

I found these 2 VERY informative videos on YouTube that are highly interesting for those of you who are uncertain about if you should by a DP-24/32 or a Model 12/16/24

Maybe those videos should be moved to/be incorporated to the forums knowledge base?!

Reactions: Doing It Dawless
When this thread was created, the idea was for users to show others how to use their Model series machines. While not specifically stated, the intent was clear all along.

What is happening to this thread is that it is becoming a showcase for YouTubers to draw attention to their channel and get views on their content. While there is nothing wrong with that, those kinds of videos should be put here: Song Mixes: Tracks for review and critique | TASCAM Forums. That is what that forum is for, and feel free to post there as much as you like, there.

I would like everyone to review their videos and ask this question:

Is this video instructional in nature?

I define "instructional" as showing someone how to do something, such as the setup, routing, FX, etc., so the user can accomplish something after looking at your video. If you show yourself recording a track but not showing the setup or any "how-to", I would define that video as not instructional.

If the answer to the above question is "no", please consider posting it to the appropriate forum.

While those videos are cool and interesting (and I watch them myself) this is a support forum and all those performance type videos make it difficult for new/inexperienced forum users to sift through to find answers to their problems.

A few instructional videos I made for the Model 12

---------------------------
Simple OBS Setup

Tascam Model 12: OBS Setup for Windows

---------------------------
Using ASIO LINK PRO

Tascam Model 12: Routing audio from different programs to separate channels on Win10 & sending it to OBS
Tascam Model 12: ASIO Link Pro to OBS & Cubase on Win10

Reactions: -mjk-
Those videos are very hard to watch if you don't know what 'OBS' is..

Reactions: mrshowboat
Totally, OBS is another can of worms. Luckily there are plenty of tutorials and resources for OBS

Last edited:
Those videos are very hard to watch if you don't know what 'OBS' is..

True, but if one didn't know, they wouldn't need to know how to configure it. OBS is Open Broadcaster Software and is an open source software RTMP broadcasting studio.

My point was that in an international forum (with widely used equipment) it is helpful to at least once write or say the full name instead of only the abbreviation, like for example RTMP. ;)

(In my professional field, I also try to not talk in abbreviations, like "The FCE cabinet holds the FCM in which also the ADRF resides. ADRF sends its data through the CDN for use by other LSAPs." Good luck finding those with Google..)

Last edited:
Have to agree with Arjan.

When I was writing for professional journals with international reach and targeted to a broad range of readers' technical expertise, I would always state both acronym and full name the first time used, for example: RCMP ( Royal Canadian Mounted Police); thereafter RCMP in the text.

Last edited:
@Arjan P your professional field is rife with abbreviations! That must be difficult. I have to admit that sometimes I forget the name that the acronym represents. Like my favorite: PCMCIA.

Reactions: Arjan P
Arjan P your professional field is rife with abbreviations!
I guess that's exactly why I'm sensitive to it..

When this thread was created, the idea was for users to show others how to use their Model series machines. While not specifically stated, the intent was clear all along.

What is happening to this thread is that it is becoming a showcase for YouTubers to draw attention to their channel and get views on their content. While there is nothing wrong with that, those kinds of videos should be put here: Song Mixes: Tracks for review and critique | TASCAM Forums. That is what that forum is for, and feel free to post there as much as you like, there.

I would like everyone to review their videos and ask this question:

Is this video instructional in nature?

I define "instructional" as showing someone how to do something, such as the setup, routing, FX, etc., so the user can accomplish something after looking at your video. If you show yourself recording a track but not showing the setup or any "how-to", I would define that video as not instructional.

If the answer to the above question is "no", please consider posting it to the appropriate forum.

While those videos are cool and interesting (and I watch them myself) this is a support forum and all those performance type videos make it difficult for new/inexperienced forum users to sift through to find answers to their problems.
Oops, sorry about that. When I stumbled upon this thread I guess I didn't realize it was only reserved for instructional video's. I guess I need to pay more attention. I assure you it wasn't to steal views, just to share my Model 24 vids with the other cool vids. How do I delete my posts? I can't seem to find that option anywhere. If I delete my account will they be removed? Thanks.

@Doing It Dawless please don't do anything drastic and delete your account! It's nothing that serious. You can blame me for the situation because I didn't use the term "instructional" in the title. So please accept my apology and don't concern yourself over it.

I can move the cool videos to the other forum. I won't delete any of them because they are cool, and there is value in showing what can be done with those devices. The intent here is simply to separate those types of videos to make it easier to find solutions to problems.

FYI, deleting an account does not delete a user's content.

Sorry about that @Doing It Dawless.

@Doing It Dawless Please don't leave the forum. We need all of the support we can get. The Tascam (new) Model series community is flourishing and DIY dawless recording is a large usecase for our members. We definitely can use your knowledge and input. On a personal note, I'm in Niagara Region too! (St. Catharines) Post Pandemic we should do coffee! (Apologies to MJK for again hijacking the thread!)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.