What is the best affordable laptop that will be compatible with 24sd

Roosta

Gear owned
Tascam 24sd
I am purchasing a laptop but don't want to spend alot. I only need it for file transfers from the 24sd and to upload music to Sound cloud, fb, you tube etc. Any ideas on what specs I should be looking at.

For your stated applications, any Windows machine should do it. Necessary specs: USB port(s), Wi-Fi, at least 4gb RAM (more is better), and a large hard or solid-state drive. You won't have to spend a lot ... even the lowest priced units have these minimal specs.

I think I am right in assuming the sound card quality will be irrelevant in this application because the wav file will just be transferred and not processed?

Roosta, if you think you might used the laptop with DAW software for mastering or special effects, you might consider something more advanced. For the stated purpose, I think Rusty is accurate. If that is all you plant to do, could you just borrow a friend's computer for two minutes?

Reactions: Roosta
The integrated sound cards of nearly any computer just don't cut it for audio recording or mixing ... external audio interfaces are the way to go. But that's a different topic.

I agree that you can't go wrong with just about *any* top name brand (Dell, H/P, IBM/Lenovo, Toshiba, Acer, Sony, etc) off the shelf. For $4-600 you should easily be able to choose a machine that will do what you're asking. I also agree that getting the highest amount of RAM and storage space that you can afford is wise.

New threads

Members online